1752421 Members
5759 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

ILO Firmware files fail to upgrade ILO firmware on ProLiant DL380 Gen9

ronbarak
Occasional Contributor

ILO Firmware files fail to upgrade ILO firmware on ProLiant DL380 Gen9

I have a ProLiant DL380 Gen9 whose ILO Firmware I wish to upgrade.
I searched for iLO 4 ProLiant DL380 Gen9 firmware file and chose the search result 

Download Page https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/swd/detail?swItemId=MTX_9c33a5481db14dbf85b9981af9

However, once I used the downloaded file CP046464.zip from that page -to upgrade the firmware, I get the message: The last firmware update attempt was not successful. Ready for the next update.

I got the same failure with other search resolts files.

Any suggestions what I should do differently to succeed in updating the ILO firmware?

6 REPLIES 6
support_s
System Recommended

Query: ILO Firmware files fail to upgrade ILO firmware on ProLiant DL380 Gen9

System recommended content:

1. HPE Integrated Lights-Out 2 (iLO2) - Upgrading iLO 2 Firmware

2. Advisory: HP Integrated Lights-Out 3 (iLO 3) - iLO 3 Firmware Flash May Stop Responding or May Fail to Complete

If the above information is helpful, then please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon.

Thank you for being a HPE community member.

Accept or Kudo

ronbarak
Occasional Contributor

Re: Query: ILO Firmware files fail to upgrade ILO firmware on ProLiant DL380 Gen9

I followed the suggestions in the second link (the first link is invalid),

and tried to update the iLO firmware while the Server is powered off (also powered off and then on again), but in all cases, I see that the Firmware file is downloaded to 100%, but then I get the error message: The last firmware update attempt was not successful. Ready for the next update.

techin
Super Advisor
BesnikR
Established Member

Re: ILO Firmware files fail to upgrade ILO firmware on ProLiant DL380 Gen9

Hi there,

Just updated to 2.79 version, did you try using latest SPP for G9 initially?

ronbarak
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I downloaded the 2.79 firmware file, as suggested, but the failure is the same.

[cid:5589ca87-4086-4e4b-a22e-8f655da20641][cid:bf531121-3a22-449d-aee0-1b3f0373e721]

Bye,
Ron.

---
[cid:6737bd03-adfc-4bee-b4df-9b9a601fdf7b]
Ron Barak | System support

-------------------------------------------
NOTICE:
This email and all attachments are confidential, may be proprietary, and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. They are intended solely for the individual or entity to whom the email is addressed. However, mistakes sometimes happen in addressing emails. If you believe that you are not an intended recipient, please stop reading immediately. Do not copy, forward, or rely on the contents in any way. Notify the sender and/or Imperva, Inc. by telephone at +1 (650) 832-6006 and then delete or destroy any copy of this email and its attachments. The sender reserves and asserts all rights to confidentiality, as well as any privileges that may apply. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken or omitted to be taken by an unintended recipient in reliance on this message is prohibited and may be unlawful.
Please consider the environment before printing this email.

ronbarak
Occasional Contributor

I downloaded the 2.79 firmware file, as suggested, but the failure is the same.
25C8C982-D8CB-49AE-AA93-225B2DF1AE98.jpeg60A02525-0524-4A85-B595-3D69983A704D.jpeg

Bye,
Ron.