Servers - General
1748204 Members
3308 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

IP Console Switch 3x1x16 - mouse doesn't catch up..

IP Console Switch 3x1x16 - mouse doesn't catch up..

I have trouble with my two HP IP/KVM switches.
The mouse on the w2k/w2k3 servers won't follow the mouse that is in the KVM switch.
But, we have a EWA SAN management appliance(w2k), and on that console everything works fine, the "OS mouse" it's catching up with the KVM cursor, but on all the others it doesn't, so you have to watch the OS mouse AND the kvm mouse, and the both move in different speed.....
I don't understand this. Every other server is of the same type as the SAN applience. A HP DL380. (We have about 25 DL380, G2's and G3's).
Somebody else having this problem??
4 REPLIES 4
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Re: IP Console Switch 3x1x16 - mouse doesn't catch up..

First thing I would check is that your PS/2->rj45 adaptors are all up to the latest firmware.

Though I have never seen that before, at least not with an IP/KVM, it does sound weird... but the same troubleshooting techniqies apply. Eliminate the possibilities and your left with only a handful of avenues to pursue.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)

Thanks for your tip! But I've looked around for software/firmware for these adapters, but I can't find it. Does anyone know where to look?

Thanks
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Take a look here...

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-002&h_lang=en&h_cc=us&h_product=264769&h_client=S-A-R163-1&h_page=hpcom&submit.y=8&submit.x=8тМй=en&cc=us

The firmware contains images for both the switch and the PS/2-USB adaptors.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)

Thanks...
I tried to upgrade, but no help!!

But at last I found the problem...

Mouse accellerator is default enabled on w2k and w2k3 servers..... When I disabled this, everything FINALLY works well...