Servers - General
1752761 Members
5286 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: KVM IP Switch Help (AF601A - 408965-001)

Mr__Happy
Advisor

KVM IP Switch Help

I recently got a 408965-001 kvm switch.
It has a nic and a serial port. I configured an ipaddress but I cannot connect to it and neither to the com-port.
What is the purpose of those ports?

Is there also a firmware update available for it?
11 REPLIES 11
Mr__Happy
Advisor

As HP doesn´t seem to be able to help me out (at least they're not responding to PM's anymore), here's some additional information.
Some googling informed me it is a AF601A and here is some info I found on the bottom of the switch:

P/N: 408965-001
EID: 520432-004169-0000
ELC1-1507
MPN: 520-432-504 Rev: A
Replace with  HP spares: 410530-001

Can anybody tell me where to find the most recent firmware update for this device?
And how to completely reset it? Through the console didn't seem to work (ip address was still not accessible - only pingable - and also no respone on rs232-port).

Mr__Happy
Advisor

Found a newer version of the firmware and now am able to access the webinterface.

But what is the default login?
I've tried Admin/admin/administrator/root as username with a blank password and 'password' as password, but none of them work...

Mr__Happy
Advisor

So I cannot login to the webinterface for some reason and when I connect to the serial port I receive text, but I cannot send keystrokes. So getting past 'HP IP-Console-Switch-2x1x16 Console Ready... Press any key to continue' is impossible.

Anyone who can help me out?

ksram
HPE Pro

Hi,

Apologies for the delay.

Could you please confirm if you were able to login or else, we can share the Onetime Password if you can click Forgot password.

But I believe you are unable to type anything now. 

I see resetting the switch by power-cycling is the only way to restore the connection.

It will get Reset while while Power Cycle.

I see you have mentioned its pingable, could you try take putty and check.

Type Help to get more command details.

Try to isolate and check if the Port is having any issues which could be one reason.

Also share screenshot / picture of the display.

Thank you

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Mr__Happy
Advisor

Hi,

I 've got access to the console by keyboard, mouse and screen.
How else could I have updated the switch to a newer software version?

However, when I try to login through the OBWI I do not get access. On the old sw-version (1.0) I could not even get access to the OBWI, but on version 1.4 I do get a screen. But,. unfortunately) the (default) login credentials do not work.

When I access the switch with a usb-2-rs232-converter I get output, but I cannot enter anything. The switch does not respond on any keys when it asks me to continue by hitting any key.

Looking forward to your response :).

Regards.

Mr__Happy
Advisor

Come on HP, how hard can this be?

oyejota
Visitor

Hi, can you help me with the One Time Password? I tried claling the support phone mentioned on the screen, but they say that they cant find this product on HP catalog.

Mr__Happy
Advisor

Sorry for the delayed response, but I'm not able to help you with that.
I think only HP can give you an OTP...

I'm still waiting for them to get back to me on how to get access to the webinterface....

BrokeBeardedGuy
Occasional Visitor

This is insane. Two Years! Two YEARS!! and still no response from HP. i took delivery of a new surplus rack and it has this same ipkvm installed in it. I myself am at the same crossroads you are. i can see it via web interface. but no luck with the usb/serial cable. do not know the default name and password to login. I realize this isnt the newest offering from HP but how can you not support your equpiment or even have old users guids with the information.