3706 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: KVM - Power Supply problem

Yehia Farouk
Occasional Contributor

KVM - Power Supply problem

Dear,

I have a KVM of product number 336045-B21.
the product is out of warranty, and has a faulty internal power Supply DVE with part number DSO-142L, I can't find this part with HP or anywhere else.
any advice??
19 REPLIES 19
Pieter 't Hart
Honored Contributor

a place to look could be
http://partsurfer.hpe.com/

A quick check showed no power supply, but maybe you could contact them.

David Comeau

Yehia,
I am experiencing the same issue with multiple devices. Did you ever find a solution?

Thanks in advance.
The Unkown Tek

I had problems with this same PS DSO-142L. It was making wavy lines (looked out of sync) on the monitor.

I changed out 2 Caps in the PS and its works like new. ($2 in parts)

Attached is some information that might help you fix it yourself.
Pieter 't Hart
Honored Contributor

I did the same as Tek, replaced the cap's myself.

But beware there are high voltages present in this unit.

Especially keep away of the metal top of the big black capacitor that may carry more than 400V (when testing the kvm-switch with open PSU).
Neal Eckett

I have found a replacement PSU for these boxes. It requires a slight modification to the case, but works a treat :)
Njal_1

Hi Neal

Do you have a link to the replacement psu?
Nuo Pereira

I have the same proble├В┬┤m , i changed capacitor but the same , led is off, you can help-me ?

PDP-Fan
Valued Contributor

You will have to replace ALL capacitors on that power supply. Especially the small ones can cause trouble, even if they look OK.

Also check the fuse which is soldered on the P.S.... if that is broken, there is more defective as only the caps. Although it is possible that only the fuse alone failed. This happens sometimes.

"If it seems illogical... you just don't have enough information"
al3185
Collector

Hey i know it has been years since you posted this but i remember seeing it and decided to come back and let you know and the community know that i found this place in California that can actually fix them and the turn around time is fast, then i sent them the rest of my defective units, i had 15 and in less than a week they were back at my door and for the price is all worth it, they gave me a better deal for the quantity and saved lots of money. 

Here is the link to their site:

[Broken link removed on 03-23-2017 by Admin]

they are called OEM Systems and talked to this guy Lius he will help you with this and explain to you better the process and how would be a better way to save you money.

Good luck to you all!