1753797 Members
7301 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

KVM Switch no longer acting as expected

Darren Sproat
Occasional Contributor

KVM Switch no longer acting as expected

I have 3 KVM switches. 2 2x8 port switches and 1 1x8 port switch.

One of the 2x8 port switches is setup as a primary and the other two are plugged into ports 1 and 2 of this primary switch.

My problem is that I can no longer select a server connected to either of the secondary swtiches from the selection list on the primary switch. The ports (1 and 2) on the primary switch are configured as 8-port switches and the list of servers appears but when I select one that is connected to the secondary switch only the active server on that switch is displayed... regardless of the one I select. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
Gregg Kishida

Re: KVM Switch no longer acting as expected

I have a simila setup - the workaround that I was told was to hit twice to get the osd of the secondary switch. You can then pick the desired machine.
Gregg Kishida

I have a similar setup - the workaround that I was told was to hit twice to get the osd of the secondary switch. You can then pick the desired machine.
kiwi2
Occasional Advisor

Actually if you look into the manual it says that you have to have both switches configured in "port" order NOT "name" order. There is also something about the cooperative/pre-emptive setup but I cant remember what it is. Once this is set, you can switch directly from the main switch to the any one of the computers on the downstream switch.