4937 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ML330G6 adjusting minimum fan speed

nicolae788
Occasional Contributor

ML330G6 adjusting minimum fan speed

Hello.

Is it possible to alter the minimum fan speed configuration of the Il02/BMC ? For example Intel server boards have an SDR file that you can modify and then load in the BMC. It's there something similar with HP ?

I looked at the Ilo2 CLI configuration utility and XML samples but i see nothing related to SDR, FAN, or something useful for my situation.

Thank you very much.

5 REPLIES 5
nicolae788
Occasional Contributor

Ok, one step ahead. I forgot that i can SSH into the ILO2. From there i "cd" to system1 target and the fan profiles are there but they are read only. Bummer. Still, how can i edit those parameters ? For example i want to change "DesiredSpeed" to 10 instead of 25... There must be a way.

Thank you !

Sham82
HPE Pro

Hi Nicolae, 

There is no option to change the Fan speed to Desired one .
as the Fan speed are adjusted as per Design and the Fans run as per server load.

Hence Fan's Minimum Speed is what is been set , and cannot be changed.

Thanks & Regards 

HPE Employee.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

AmRa
HPE Pro

In HP ProLiant ML330 G6 you cannot adjust the fan speed, Fan speed is managed and controlled by management processor (i.e. iLO 2 in G6 servers).

However in latest HPE ProLiant servers you have option to use the Thermal Configuration option to select the fan cooling method for the system. Please refer HPE Knowledge Article for more information.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=mmr_sf-EN_US000021555

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
nicolae788
Occasional Contributor

Hello. Thank you for the informations. However the ILO2 CLi configuration tool has a "get embedded health / get all fans" command launched in read mode. Maybe there is a way of writing some of the fan data that this command it's outputing.

AmRa
HPE Pro

No, there is no command available to overwrite the predefine values of management processor.
If any changes required on predefined value of management processor the manufacture will release in form of firmware.

I am an HPE Employee.

Accept or Kudo