Servers - General
1753515 Members
5212 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Mellanox RHEL6.10 NIC driver published on the HPE site is corrupted?

SOLVED
Go to solution
abmoojun
Occasional Visitor

Mellanox RHEL6.10 NIC driver published on the HPE site is corrupted?

Hi, I downloaded Mellanox NIC driver (version 4.7-3.2.9.0(19 Dec 2019) for RHEL6.10 from the website https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_88550074452347b8a6282e5c77. I have compared the SHA 256 Checksum values and it looks fine. However when I try to install the driver, it threw the rror:

error: unpacking of archive failed on file /usr/bin/mlxdump_ext;5ee8f23d: cpio: read failed - Inappropriate ioctl for device

and failed. I tried to read the MLNX_OFED_README file inside the ISO and it fails as follows:

# less /mnt/docs/MLNX_OFED_README
"/mnt/docs/MLNX_OFED_README" may be a binary file. See it anyway?

Looks like the published file is a currupted file. Would you be able to help me to ge the uncurrupted file please? I checked the same for RHEL 7.7 and it looks fine.

Please help.

3 REPLIES 3
sudhirsingh
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi @abmoojun ,

Not sure but possible binary corruption,

I would suggest you to use the next release "MLNX OFED 5.0-2.1.8.0" which is also supported with RHEL 6.10

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX-677789aa98f5475981639ba3c9

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

Regards,

Sudhir

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

>Accept or Kudo

abmoojun
Occasional Visitor

Hi Sudhir,

Thanks for the help. I will check this version and update here. 

Best regards,

abmoojun
Occasional Visitor

Hi Sudir,

I tried the version of the driver you posted and it work fine. So it fixed the issue :). One thing I noticed was, from the version of the driver I faced issue (4.7-3.2.9.0(19 Dec 2019)), the revision tab has not listed any of the 5.x version of the drivers. That caused me to miss this latest version of the driver. Not sure why that was missed there?

Anyway thanks for pointing me to right direction. That really helped.

Thanks for your time.