1753774 Members
7118 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Memory upgrade problem.

KeitthMura
Occasional Contributor

Memory upgrade problem.

Hi all, I currently have 48gb ram in my HP ML350 G6 tower but I have two more sticks that came with the original ram.  When I follow the HP memory configurator and install the last two sticks, the server only recognizes 40gb of ram!?!?!?!?! 

I powered off, unplugged and waited a few minutes and then tried unseating and reseating the ram sticks.  Upon powering on the server then said it only recognized 32gb of ram!  Now I'm really curious as to what is going on.  Any ideas/tips/ or tricks would be greatly appreciated.  

2 REPLIES 2
support_s
System Recommended

Query: Memory upgrade problem.

System recommended content:

1. CN-Series Memory Upgrade Procedure (DDR4) (Rev B)

2. CN-Series Memory Upgrade Procedure (DDR4) (Rev B)

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

TVVJ
HPE Pro

Re: Memory upgrade problem.

Hello,

You may refer to the section "General DIMM slot population guidelines" on page 48 of the HP ProLiant ML350 G6 Server User Guide to ensure that the memory modules installation is in compliance to it.

If it so, then remove all memory module and have only the minimum memory installed for each processor installed and power on the server. If it is correctly recognized, then continue adding one memory module at a time and power on the server to check if it is detected.

If processor 2 is not installed, then the memory modules installed against processor two will be recognized.

Regards,

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo