New Discussion

Re: Mounting TFT7600 KVM in a Rack

SOLVED
Go to solution
greavette
Occasional Visitor

Mounting TFT7600 KVM in a Rack

Hello,

We have inherited a  TFT7600 KVM 17" monitor and want to use it in our 29" depth rack.  It would appear that the rails we have with our kvm do not extend that far?  Can someone confirm if this KVM should be able to fit the depth of our rack?  

If not, is there a kit we can purchase from HP that would allow us to fit this KVM in our rack?  

Any advice you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
BK_HPE
Valued Contributor
Solution

Hello @greavette

According to the HP TFT7600 G2 Rackmount Keyboard Monitor KVM Console User Guide, the HP Adjustable Toolless Rails for installation that come with the kit should fit the rack.  Pages 7-12 of the HP TFT7600 G2 Rackmount Keyboard Monitor KVM Console User Guide shows how to install into a rack.   I hope this is helpful, please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

greavette
Occasional Visitor

Thanks very much for the reply.

Turns out this rail is a sliding rail.  Our's was seized.  I removed the rail from the KVM and applied some WD-40 and the rail can now move.

Thanks for confirming that our's could move.

Thank you.

BK_HPE
Valued Contributor

Hello @greavette

You are very welcome, I am please I was able to assist you on this issue.  Please let me know if there is anything else I may be able to assist you on in the future.