6490 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Move all HDD incl. OS to another identical HP Gen 8 Microserver

Andreas42
Occasional Advisor

Move all HDD incl. OS to another identical HP Gen 8 Microserver

Hi all,

my server does not start anymore red light flashing. I do not know what is broken, anyway I have no time to investigate much.

Hardware: 2 x HP ProLiant MicroServer (Gen8, G1610T, 1P, 4 GB-U, B120i, SATA-Server)

Good luck, I have another identical server, I now want to use instead.

First idea, just moving all 4 HDD (1 OS HDD + 3 Windows10 RAID 5) from the broken one to the other server.

But then it does not boot. I tried to choose via boot menu HDD, but it just does not want to work.

I am also little afraid to lose data, when playing too much with my disks.

Do you have any idea how to get this job done?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Re: Move all HDD incl. OS to another identical HP Gen 8 Microserver

Hello,

I would request you share the POST error message and IML error for further investigation.

Or

I would suggest, you have to log a proper case with HPE and share the appropriate logs for further analysis.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below and accept the solution.

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Andreas42
Occasional Advisor

Re: Move all HDD incl. OS to another identical HP Gen 8 Microserver

Hi,

I do not fully understand your answer.

I would like to know how to replace defect server with a new one and/or restore data from (non-defect) hard disks of defect server.

This is a general тАУ probably simple - question I cannot find information about.

I do not have any error messages to share.