Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help with AF047A Ground Bonding Kit with 10000 G2 Series Cabinet

Highlighted
EBSDallas
Occasional Visitor

Need Help with AF047A Ground Bonding Kit with 10000 G2 Series Cabinet

I'm in the process of installing a ground bonding kit on a G2 cabinet.  Per the instructions, at several locations around the cabinet, an internal star lock washer and nut are to be installed over a grounding lug.  However, the lugs have a somewhat hard semi-soft material over them that does not appear to be easily removable.  The finish of this material matches the gray finish of the cabinet doors, side and top panels..  The diameter of this "cover" is large enough that the lugs on the bonding straps will not fit over it.   Nor will the washer and nut; so I assume it's not self-threading and is supposed to be removed to expose the lug.  Can anyone tell me what this stuff is and how to remove it?  I'd rather not just grab a pair of pliers and start twisting on it to see if it will come off only to find out the hard way that I've marred the panel.

1 REPLY 1
Bunsol
HPE Pro

Re: Need Help with AF047A Ground Bonding Kit with 10000 G2 Series Cabinet

Hi All,

This is an installation issue and shipment of right screw and Lugs, hence you need to get in touch with the local sales team to check and fix the shipment issues, such queries cannot be answered remotely. hence either log a seperate support case with local HPE team or get in touch with local sales team to sort out shippment issues..

Regards,

Bunsol.

I am a HPE Employee