108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Need help with HP UPS R/T3000 and configuring expected ERM attachments

SOLVED
Go to solution
hpusernumber909
Occasional Visitor

Need help with HP UPS R/T3000 and configuring expected ERM attachments

Hi guys, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this issue.

Wanting some clarification on the process or configuring ERM attachments to the HP UPS R/T3000i. We currently have 1 ERM connected, if we disconnected that ERM and power the UPS back on, it appears to not utilise the built-in battery rack and shows a battery capacity of 0%. I assume this is because the UPS is configured to expect 1 ERM to be connected.

A step-by-step guide or a point in the right direction on how to configure the expected ERM count on this model would be much appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
TTr
Honored Contributor

Is it possible that the internal battery pack is defective? Or discharged and not allowed to recharge? Check the status lights, initiate a self test or connect a laptop/terminal to the serial port to check the status.

https://h20565.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=332176&docId=emr_na-c01865587&docLocale=en_US

hpusernumber909
Occasional Visitor

Hello and thanks for your reply.

I have swapped the racks themselves between the ERM and the UPS itself to rule that out, but it is still possible that the connector at the back where these battery racks plug in, is defective. I have looked at that user guide and it does say "The UPS will automatically detect the number of ERMs attached", which makes me think manually setting them is not required on this model. I tried the ERM configurator tool by putting the UPS MM into pass through mode, just incase, but no dice. Theres nothing in the Management Module config when make a serial connection to that, however technically I havent made a successful serial connection directly to the UPS (just the MM). Hmmmm.. :thinking emoji:

hpusernumber909
Occasional Visitor
Solution

This has been resolved, I am just going to take a minute to write the conclusion here incase it helps anyone else.

This model does indeed auto recognise the number of attached ERMs. The problem was with the battery strings (or racks) themselves, in this case 2 of the 3 possible strings were not working, so it took a rotation of all 3 to discover.