1745853 Members
4642 Online
108723 Solutions
New Discussion

Need to find specs of D2700 power supplies, UPS transfer times

BrentH1
Occasional Visitor

Need to find specs of D2700 power supplies, UPS transfer times

I've got a D2700 SAS with the standard dual 460W power supplies, part #  499250-101.  When the UPS that it's connected to switches over to battery, this unit shuts down.  No other associated equipment does this.  Even just plugged into the UPS by itself still behaves this way.  I can't tell if the PSs are not designed to handle this situation or they are defective.

Is there a way to test or any documentation for these PSs that would tell me what the power response time should be, and if it has any issues with a stepped-wave UPS?  Alternately, any replacement supplies that are compatible with this UPS situation and the D2700.   

1 REPLY 1
Bunsol
HPE Pro

Re: Need to find specs of D2700 power supplies, UPS transfer times

Hi Brent,

What is the model of the UPS and need to check the devices connected to the UPS. This looks like an issue with the load put on the UPS. To isolate the issue check on the UPS there are other devices connected to the same load segment and they do not power down then try isolating by checking the slot on the UPS by swapping the slot. If the issue follows the Power cord of the MSA then you have to check the UPS quickspecs and check the power allocation supported. If this was working earlier and now it is having issues then could be an issue with the UPS battery/ERM. If this is a new setup then need to check with the specs of the UPS.

Regards,

Bunsol

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! Thumbs below!
I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo