5213 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: OSD password for 1x1x16 IP Console Switch

GilchristT
Advisor

OSD password for 1x1x16 IP Console Switch

Hi

I've upgraded a 1x1x16 IP Console switch to the latest firmware, 3.0.1. Following the upgrade the OSD is asking for a password which I can't find anywhere? I can access the system through the LAN port and configure / use it with the HP IP Console Viewer but not locally.

Can anyone point me towards the default password or how to set one up?

thanks

tommy
9 REPLIES 9
NMory
Respected Contributor

T:

The only way to get back the password for the OSD is by calling HP...the are the ones who can help you with that...

Regards,

LN
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Contact HP Technical support.
NMory
Respected Contributor

One more thing:

When one looses the password that was set for the serial port, this is considered an Out-of-Warrenty event. The warranty does not cover lost passwords to the console switch serial port. The switch must be returned AT CUSTOMER EXPENSE to HP for replacement...

But before doing that, call them to see if they can help you....

LN

GilchristT
Advisor

Thanks folks, that was what I figured.

What I don't understand is where the password came from. It's not a case of setting one and forgetting it. There was never one set for this unit, The password prompt just appeared after the firmware upgrade.

If one of my engineers was claiming this I'd be saying "of COURSE it just appeared itself" but I did this one myself.

Tommy (getting to that stage in his career where these things are best left to the younger folk)
NMory
Respected Contributor

Tommy, just for the sake of it, have you tried Username Admin and Password Blank, or both blank, or admin admin?

LN
P. Elzinga

we had the same issue, was a blank password as I recall
todorojo
Occasional Advisor

For me it was

uname: Admin (case sensative)
pword:

(I'm using an HP 1x1x16 IP-Console-Switch FW v3.0.1)
deanwelbourn83

Hi Tommy,

I have the exact same issue after upgrading the firmware of my IP Console - did you ever resolve the problem?

Kind regards,

Dean

philipboy88

i have a ip kvm 1x1x16 console switch

the serial command password is blank and in windows ip console vieuwer login name ia Admin and password is blank

on the screen i wil see free and when i press print screen i get a password box (osd screen)

in the osd i need to give a password and nothing is correct "00000000", "oscar",.... (only password no username)

what is the default password of this screen of am i doing gomting wrong or if it is bricked

i alredy set the machine to default factory settings and also fid a firmware upgrade to (3.0.13a1) and i do not have servers connected (cable to server pluggen in to the machine)

hp kvm EO1010

ETHERNET= 00E086032A51

EID = 520274-003c4c-0000

620-065-001 Rev A       MPN= 520-274-005 HP