108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: P441 with 4 Disk enclosure D3610 : change domaine cabling

SOLVED
Go to solution
FredT44
Occasional Contributor

P441 with 4 Disk enclosure D3610 : change domaine cabling

Hello. I want change single domaine cabling to dual domaine cabling on my DL380 Gen9 server. My configuration is a P441 controler with 4 disk enclosure D3610. Is there a rick of data lost ? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

You simply add a second path between enclosure and controller, example:

2021-02-15 16_31_03-HPE D3600_D3700 Disk Enclosure User Guide - Foxit Reader.png

See enclosure user guide for details.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
FredT44
Occasional Contributor

Hello and thank you torsen.

this is my actule cabling : Simple cabling https://www.casimages.com/i/210215051549117595.png.html

I want dual cabling for security and I think this is the good solution : dual cabling https://www.casimages.com/i/210215051548808271.png.html

you can see the bay name change. Do you think it is not a problem for my data or I lost my data?

Thank you.

Fred

sudhirsingh
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi,

Please check the cabling diagram for D3600 on below link for Single/Dual Domain configuration:

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=c05105559&docLocale=en_US#N1013C

Your current configuration appears like two separate Single domain setup with two enclosures in each,

and both connects to same controllers.

Now what are the alternatives you have:

1. Continue with two Setup with Dual Domain->

>Add an additional P441 controller,

>Move one setup to One controller [Connect 1E port of each controller, and use 2E of each controller for Dual domain     

cabling]

>Follow the cabling diagram to create Dual Domain setup: 

Add two cables : Enc1: I/O B P1->Enc2: I/O B P2 & Enc2: I/O B P1 ->Port 2E of the controller

2. Build a Single dual domain setup with 4 x Enclosures,

In this case you need to break on of the setup and join or cascade them behind the other one to make one single setup of 4 x Enclosures, also free up 2E Port on the controller,

-Follow the dual domain cabling diagram you have mentioned which is correct or refer the above HPE cabling article.     

Note:

In any case its strongly recommended to have complete data backup before implementing Dual domain cabling.

Regards,

Sudhir

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

>Accept or Kudo