108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: PDU E7674a issue

SOLVED
Go to solution
Doug_3
Frequent Advisor

PDU E7674a issue

We recently purchased a 'new' rp7400 with the E33 chassis and 2 E7674a PDU's. I have a question about power cords and how the PDU works. Our current E33 has the UPS feeding the 2 PDU's at 240v. We do not have a UPS for the new machine but instead are directly feeding it with 240v. Based upon our current PDU and connectors, we have both 120 devices connected as well as the 220 connections for the CPU.

I assumed this would be the same for the 'new' machine, but the unit won't power up. Aside from calling in an electrician, is there anything I can do to check what is occuring and am I correct in assuming the various devices can connect to the PDU?

Thanks in advance,
Doug
4 REPLIES 4
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Doug,

I believe the PDU's are "auto-switching/auto-sensing": they supply 120 or 240 depending on the device requirements. That would explain how you can have both plugged into the same PDU but it does nothing to explain why the new machine won't power up. I would suggest talking to HP or whoever the seller is - there should be some type of warranty with the thing that would guarantee that you can at least power it up.

Pete

Pete
Ken Hubnik_2
Honored Contributor
Solution

Get an electrician to use a voltage meter and see what the outlet is putting out.
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Doug,

Actually, I'll take part of that back. It's not the PDU's that are "sensing/switching", it's the devices that are plugged into them. HP devices are known for this capability - just ask the HP C.E. that plugged in a non-HP device for us, assuming that it would "adjust" to the 220V it was receiving.

Pete

Pete
Joshua Scott
Honored Contributor

Do you have all 3 power cords plugged in? The rp7400 automatically adjusts to 220 or 110 Voltage. Also, make sure you have an adaquate circuit for the load you are placing on it. The power requirements for the rp7400 are 13.8 Amp @ 220V, or 27.6 A @ 110 V.
What are the chances...