1753876 Members
7431 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion

PLEASE help - HP branded Intel adapters firmware

kmn3686
Occasional Contributor

PLEASE help - HP branded Intel adapters firmware

I am hoping someone can help. I have called HP support on 3 separate occasions and have spent hours trying to find answer. Perhaps the information is clearly posted somewhere but I have yet to find it.  Below is a snip it from HP driver download page for the adapter i am using, which happens to be a HP branded Intel adapter. According to HP "Single NVM Version is new firmware format which represent an unified version in place of the previously used EEPROM/NVM Version or OROM version"

HP has unique firmware version format that doesn’t match the version used by vendor and not called out by OS provider. In my case, I am using VMware. This adapter on the VMware compatibility matrix does not list HP NVM firmware version with the driver, it is listing the intel firmware version. So i have no way of telling if driver/firmware is what I have installed. Based on a previous post by someone on this forum support told him the HP NVM firmware versions correlates somehow with Intel version. For instance, HP NVM 10.4.3 is the equivalent of Intel FW version 7.0, etc.

Intel has this link but mentions nothing about HP NVM. HP does not do this with any other adapters from what I can tell, they use the same firmware format as vendor. If VMware is only recognizing Intel firmware, how do I determine if my adapter is supported in VMware compatibility matrix  - https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005893/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

NIC EEPROM/NVM Version OROM Version Single NVM Version HPE Ethernet 10Gb 2-port 562SFP+ Adapter 80000CD5 1.2028.0 10.4.3

2 REPLIES 2
AmRa
HPE Pro

Re: PLEASE help - HP branded Intel adapters firmware

For HPE driver and download website you can see combo image v1.2028.0 breakup and according you can match with VMware Compatibility Guide to determine if the adapter is supported in VMware compatibility matrix.

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_c2e9b0389535421895765c4ed0#tab4

Below information was captured from the bottom the table from same page.

The combo image v1.2028.0 includes: Boot Agent:

1GbE - v1.5.86,

10GbE - v2.4.32,

40GbE - v1.1.02

UEFI Drivers:

1GbE - v8.6.06,

10GbE - v7.1.06,

40GbE - v3.4.06

VMware Compatibility Guide

https://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/detail.php?deviceCategory=io&productid=40940

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Re: PLEASE help - HP branded Intel adapters firmware

Hello,

Please share the below information.

1. What is the exact issue or queries.?
  2. Share the hardware components model.
  3. Share the part number as well.

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo