1753325 Members
5746 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Power Trust II MR

Jim Makris

Power Trust II MR

I have an old A6583A. All the battery indicator lights are amber. Is this normal? Or should they be green? I can't find any documentation that tells me about the color of the lights.
5 REPLIES 5
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Jim,

I found a manual (hardcopy) for a A3589A Power Trust (5.5kVA Rack Mount UPS). It says that a yellow battery power light indicates that the unit is supplying power from its battery. It may also light momentarily when the UPS is adjusting to a change in input voltage.

Sounds like you're "on battery".

Pete

Pete
Jim Makris

It's not on battery cause if it where the system would have shutdown by now.
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

I'M not sure what LEDs you are talking about, but I hope this helps:

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Jim Makris

It's the LEDs on the front panel. The manual you attached doesn't pertain to the unit I have. (A6538A)
There are 4 of them on the front panel. The front panel lables them as "% of battery life or load". They are all amber. I don't know if the normal state would be green for these lights. Amber usually means there is a problem. I just want to find out what is there normal state.
OldSchool
Honored Contributor

each light on should represent 25% battery capacity available. there may/should be other indicators for line power / on battery etc.

on the other hand, this unit went out of production in 2002. Unless the battery has been replaced, it is at least 7 years old. I have no clue what the life expectancy of the battery would be (~5yrs?).

If you can schedule some downtime, you might consider a service outage, shutdown and interrupt the line power to see what happens.