1751926 Members
5202 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

Problema avvio proliant DL120 G9

smelzino
Occasional Advisor

Problema avvio proliant DL120 G9

Buongiorno a tutti , spero che qualcuno possa aiutarmi , ho un problema di avvio con il mio server proliant DL120 G9 , si blocca sulla schermata di avvio in progress 24% memory initialization , ho provato già a sostituire la memoria Ram e a resettare il bios spostando lo switch 6 su ON ma il problema persiste , quancuno può darmi qualche suggerimento ?

Grazie

Google Translated: 

DL120 G9 proliant boot problem
Hello everyone, I hope someone can help me, I have a startup problem with my proliant DL120 G9 server, it hangs on the start screen in progress 24% memory initialization, I have already tried to replace the Ram memory and reset the bios by moving it switch 6 to ON but the problem persists, can anyone give me some suggestions?

Thank you

8 REPLIES 8
support_s
System Recommended

Query: Problema avvio proliant DL120 G9

System recommended content:

1. HPE ProLiant DL120 Gen9 Server User Guide

2. HP ProLiant DL120 Generation 7 (G7)

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

smelzino
Occasional Advisor

Re: Query: Problema avvio proliant DL120 G9

Vi ringrazio ma non credo che nel manuale trovi la soluzione.

il server ha sempre funzionato bene poi ieri dopo una mancanza di tensione ha iniziato a dare questo problema all'avvio .

C'è un modo per aggiornare il bios in questa situazione ?

Grazie

Google Translated: 

Thank you but I don't think you will find the solution in the manual.

the server always worked fine then yesterday after a power failure it started giving this problem on startup.

Is there any way to update the bios in this situation?

Thank you

TVVJ
HPE Pro

Hello,

As there was an issue with the power, verify the power source, cable and power supplies are working correctly. Also, reduce the server to base configuration. To do so, remove all expansion cards and have only one known working memory module installed and power on the server and check if the server completes POST.

If the server completes POST, then add one component at a time and power on the server. 

If the server does not complete POST successfully while doing the above step, then please contact HPE Support using support case mananger detailing the steps performed so far and the results of each such step.

Regards,

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

smelzino
Occasional Advisor

Grazie per il suggerimento ,  la prova delle memorie già l'avevo fatta , attualmente sono installati 4 banchi di memoria , 2 da 16 GB e 2 da 8 Gb tutte samsung , ho provato come suggerito ad avviare il server con una singola memoria ma il problema persiste , per quanto riguarda invece l'alimentatore purtroppo non ho modo di sostituirlo.

Come posso contattare il supporto HP ? mi daresti gentilmente un link per favore ?

grazie ancora

Google Translated:

Thanks for the suggestion, I had already done the memory test, currently 4 memory banks are installed, 2 of 16 GB and 2 of 8 Gb all samsung, I tried as suggested to start the server with a single memory but the problem it persists, but unfortunately I have no way of replacing the power supply.

How can I contact HP support? would you kindly give me a link please?

Thanks again

smelzino
Occasional Advisor

Ragzzi ho risolto

Fortunatamente ho trovato questa procedura https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=mmr_kc-0128655

Ho spostato gli switch s1 - s5- s6 su on , ho acceso il server ( nulla a video ) , ho spento il server dopo circa 30 secondi .

Ho lasciato solo lo switch s6 su on ed ha effettuato nuovamente il reset del bios.

Ho spento il server e spostato lo switch s6 su off e riacceso il server e magicamente ha fatto tutta la procedura di chek senza problemi , adesso sta fecendo la scansione dell'hd ( visto che si era spento bruscamente ) .

Vi aggiorno sull' esito finale

Google Translated: 

Ragzzi I solved

Fortunately I found this procedure https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=mmr_kc-0128655

I moved the s1 - s5 - s6 switches to on, I turned on the server (nothing on screen), I turned off the server after about 30 seconds.

I only left the s6 switch on and reset the bios again.

I turned off the server and moved the s6 switch to off and turned the server back on and magically it did all the chek procedure without any problems, now it is scanning the hd (since it had abruptly shut down).

I update you on the final outcome

smelzino
Occasional Advisor

Buongiorno a tutti , il server parte ma ho notato che mi ha ripristinato la versione del bios 2015 e mi dà sia problemi sui due banchi di memoria da 16 gb sia sul Raid 1 segnalandomi che il secondo hd ha problemi ma in realtà non è vero .

Come posso ripristinare il raid ?

Dove posso scaricare l'ultima versione del bios ? ho provato sul sito ma non mi permette di scaricarlo anche essendo registrato.

Potete aiutarmi per favore ?

Allogo foto , 1655804085077.jpg1655804085084.jpg1655804431950.jpg

TVVJ
HPE Pro

Hello,

As the steps performed have not isolated the issue, please contact HPE Support using support case manager for further support. Please detail the steps performed by you and the result of each such step in the case for further assistance.

Regards,

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

smelzino
Occasional Advisor

Ho contattato il supporto come suggerito , ecco la risposta :

Buongiorno Sig. Salvatore ,

La informiamo che per il seriale **removed** (HPE ProLiant DL120 Gen9 Server), per cui ha chiesto assistenza, nel nostro sistema ci risulta che non ha nessun contratto attivo.

Se Il dispositivo e' ancora copertura da un contratto o da una garanzia, Le chiediamo gentilmente di inviarci la prova d'acquisto della macchina con presente numero di serie al suo interno.

Se il dispositivo non e' piu' coperto da nessun tipo di contratto o garanzia e vuole lo stesso procedre con la gestione del case, possiamo procedere a pagamento. Altrimenti il case verra' chiuso.

Rimaniamo in attesa per un Suo riscontro in merito. 

Possibile che per scaricare un bios cìè bisogno di un contratto di assistenza ? mi sembra assurdo

Google Translated: 

I contacted support as suggested, here is the answer:

Hello Mr. Salvatore,

We inform you that for the ** removed ** serial (HPE ProLiant DL120 Gen9 Server), for which you have requested assistance, in our system we understand that you have no active contract.

If your device is still covered by a contract or warranty, we kindly ask you to send us proof of purchase for the machine with this serial number in it.

If the device is no longer covered by any type of contract or guarantee and still wants to proceed with the management of the case, we can proceed with a payment. Otherwise the case will be closed.

We look forward to receiving your feedback on this.

Is it possible that to download a bios you need a support contract? it seems absurd to me

Moderator Edit: Removed the Serial Number for privacy.