3794 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Problema con Servidor HP PROLIANT DL360P GEN 8

GaboXbox
Occasional Visitor

Problema con Servidor HP PROLIANT DL360P GEN 8

Cordial Saludo

quisiera solciitar su punto de vista sobre un problema muy complejo el cual me tiene sin un servidor operativo, hace 1 semana exactamente mi servidor de archivo el cual guarda un sistema de informacion de archivo antiguo montado con linux ubuntu 18.1 el cual solamente sirve como servidor de consulta pero se necesita para respuestas legales a algunas solicitudes. por lo tanto, se requiere recuperar este sever. el problema radica es que de un momento a otro comenzo con un ruido muy fuerte en sus ventiladores internos y se siente el rudio demasiado fuerte al correr el servidor comienza con el sonido normal de los ventiladores pero posteriormente los ventiladores se sobrecargan y se siente que estan a maxima velocidad.

para esto se realizaron los siguientes chequeos:

1. se realiza limpieza de polvo y mugre para poder descartar problemas de suciedad.

2. se marcan los ventiladores para identificar los fallos.

3. se revisa la configuracion de bios buscando si existe alguna anomalia en las velocidades o rendimiento de los ventiladores.

4. se chequea voltajes de las fuentes de poder buscando anomalias, pero todo marca correcto.

5. en la fase de adiganostico inicial del servidor indica la https://ibb.co/n0hy0qd , en donde se muestra que el ventilador 4 presenta problemas con un warning.

6. pensando que es el ventilador se realiza el cambio de lugar de dicho ventilador averiado es decir originalmente estaba en el slot 4, y se lo cambio al 3 para reiniciar el servidor y chequear si nos muestra una alerta con el fan 3. efectivamente nos muestra el problema con el fan 3.

7. se pide un ventilador de segunda pero funcional para verificar si este cambio normaliza el servicio del servidor, pero si embargo el problema persiste y el servidor sigue revolucionandose.

8. no se que mas hacer ya que esas partes y el modelo y tiempo del servidor son muy dificiles de conseguir debido a la antiguedad del mismo.

9.  me informaban que el equipo puede seguir funcionando aunque este revolucionado pero el ruido es demasiado fuerte y molesta muchisimo.

muchas gracias de antemano por cualquier colaboracion que me puedan otorgar.

Att: Gabriel Guerrero

Google Translated:

Cordial greeting

I would like to request your point of view on a very complex problem which has me without an operating server, exactly 1 week ago my file server which keeps an old file information system mounted with linux ubuntu 18.1 which only serves as a file server query but needed for legal responses to some requests. therefore, retrieving this sever is required. the problem is that from one moment to another it started with a very loud noise in its internal fans and the noise is too strong when running the server, it starts with the normal sound of the fans but later the fans are overloaded and it feels like they are at full speed.

For this, the following checks were carried out:

1. Dust and dirt cleaning is carried out in order to rule out dirt problems.

2. Fans are marked to identify faults.

3. The bios configuration is reviewed looking for any anomaly in the speeds or performance of the fans.

4. The voltages of the power sources are checked looking for anomalies, but everything is correct.

5. In the initial diagnostic phase of the server, it indicates https://ibb.co/n0hy0qd , where it is shown that fan 4 has problems with a warning.

6. Thinking that it is the fan, we change the location of said damaged fan, that is, it was originally in slot 4, and I change it to slot 3 to restart the server and check if it shows us an alert with fan 3. shows the problem with fan 3.

7. A second but functional fan is requested to verify if this change normalizes the service of the server, but nevertheless the problem persists and the server continues to revolutionize.

8. I don't know what else to do since those parts and the model and time of the server are very difficult to obtain due to the age of the server.

9. I was informed that the equipment can continue to work even if it is revved up, but the noise is too loud and very annoying.

Thank you very much in advance for any collaboration you can give me.

Att: Gabriel Guerrero

3 REPLIES 3
support_s
System Recommended

Query: Problema con Servidor HP PROLIANT DL360P GEN 8

System recommended content:

1. HP ProLiant DL360p Generation 8 (Gen8)

2. HP ProLiant DL360p Generation 8 (Gen8) Carrier Grade Supplement

If the above information is helpful, then please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon.

Thank you for being a HPE community member.

Accept or Kudo

GaboXbox
Occasional Visitor

Re: Query: Problema con Servidor HP PROLIANT DL360P GEN 8

Buenas Tardes

muchas gracias por responder, efectivamente he revisado el manual del servidor pero no existe un claro procedimiento o solucion del problema puntualmente . lastimosamente sigo sin saber que hacer

muchas gracias

TVVJ
HPE Pro

Re: Query: Problema con Servidor HP PROLIANT DL360P GEN 8

Hello,

Install a known good fan in this fan's slot to check if the issue follows the fan or slot.

You may update the server's BIOS by downloading it from the HPE Support Center DL360p Gen8 product page.

If the issue persist, clear server's NVRAM.

• Power off the server, remove the power cable from the server's power supplies, extend the server on the rack and remove the access panel.
  • Please refer to the diagram System board components on page 78 of the HPE ProLiant DL360p Gen8 Server maintenance and service guide for identifying the system maintenance switch on the system.
  • Once idenfied, set the system maintenance switch position 6 is to the 'On' position and power on the server and check if there is a message that indicates that a system maintenance switch has been turned on and needs to be turned off.
  • Then remove power off the server by pressing the power button, remove the power cables from the server's power supply, 
  • Revert the set the system maintenance switch position 6 back to off and power on the server. This clears the server's NVRAM.

If the issue is not resolved, then reduce the server to base configuration. Add one component at a time and power on the server to isolate defective component.

Regards,

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo