1748228 Members
4270 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant 1600 fan failure - help!

Jim Mickens
Frequent Advisor

Proliant 1600 fan failure - help!

Getting an error on my proliant 1600 server that the cpu fan has failed, then the server shuts down. The problem is that the only fan in the cpu area appears to be working fine. I can't do anything with this server due to the error - no bios access or anything. It starts up, gives the error and then shuts down.
2 REPLIES 2
Emily Harris

I'm having the same issue -- as far as I can tell reseating the fan power cables is all that can be done...what do I do if that doesn't resolve the issue???
Jim Mickens
Frequent Advisor

After some emails from tech support, it appears my fan was plugged into the wrong position on the processor board. I had it plugged into E2 next to where the fan is (by processor 1). It needed to be plugged into E1, which is on the other side of the board next to the (in my case) empty processor slot. HP tech support provided the following link to the Maintenance and Service Guide which contains diagrams to the servers components. The Processor board is on page 4-4 (somewhere around page 153 in the pdf file). http://h200005.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/UCR/SupportManual/TPM_149036-001_rev3_us/TPM_149036-001_rev3_us.pdf

This manual also tells where to reset the NVRAM on page 158. This was another suggestion by tech support. If your fan is plugged into the correct connector, you may want to try the NVRAM reset.