3745 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Rack KVM HP TFT 7600

Robert Demmer_1
Esteemed Contributor

Rack KVM HP TFT 7600

hi,

I have several Proliant DL380 G4 with the current VGA driver for the onboard ATI Rage XL installed.
I also have the HP TFT7600 Rackmount Keyboard & Monitor but I cannot set or configure the native resolution for this monitor which is 1440x900.
Any clues on that? The workaround is to configure a standard resolution which does not really fit to a widescreen panel - and well I know that server admministration should be done from remote but I am just interested if this panel is not supported by this server model.
Maybe the G5 models?

robert

P.S. This thread has been moved from ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL) to Servers > general. - Hp Forum moderator

13 REPLIES 13
chongkan
Trusted Contributor

Yes it supports any server.. What Proliant Support Pack are you using?
chongkan
Trusted Contributor

Weel now I see you're graduate 500+ so, you should be using PSP 7.51+

The TFT supports any server cause it is like a normal monitor, what could be the limitation is the Embedded Video Card...
z3k0z3k0

I have the same problem with the native resolution 1440x900. Tested on both DL320 and DL350. Cannot select the native resolution. Are there any clues what could solve the problem?

Miha
Robert Demmer_1
Esteemed Contributor

hi,

no solutions so far - seems that hp marketing and the engineering people do not communicate.
At least they published some settings for hpux, but not for the wintel platform.

robert

BerndWalter
Advisor

Hi!

Same Problem here....

I have connected several 7600 to Server's (from DL320 up to DL585). I can set the Windows Display settings to 1024x768 but not to 1440x900. I already tried to install a display driver on a test server that allowes me to user the 1440x900 but without success. 1440x900 is also a very weired resolution? Why not use 1280x1024?

Regards,

Bernd
Mr. Ben

Evidently, there's an architectural issue here!

HP ships these servers with an onboard Rage XL.

But as far as I can tell, this graphics card doesn't support the 1440x900 (native) resolution of the TFT7600 (16:10 ratio) panel.

I have tried:

Powerstrip. Cannot set custom modes for ATI Rage XL.

ATI Rage XL Driver. No 1440x900.

HP's version of the Rage XL Driver. Same as ATI's one: no 1440x900.

Windows' native 2001-era driver: no go.

Having a custom LCD panel driver doesn't enable the resolution, I found after testing.

As the native aspect ratio, and resolution, is 16:10 and 1440x900 at 60hz respectively, anything short of this results in blurred, blocked, imagery that basically gives me a headache: and shows that there was no reason to have bought such an expenive thing as the TFT7600!

...we could have used our 6-years-old 15" LCD instead!

Really looking for answers from HP, here, or if someone has a custom display board driver they would like to share for the Rage XL under Windows XP Professional.
MaHoff
Occasional Contributor

Same problem with DL360G5 and PSP7.70!

Hope to find some solution soon - display looks rather ugly!

Martin.
Hermann Bock

Hi,

I do have exactly the same problem. I cannot understand how HP can sell, for more that $1500, a piece of equipment that THEY THEMSELVES do not support with a driver. This is like the biggest waste of money I have ever seen.

When I install everything I only get under Device Manager and Monitor, "Default Monitor" not the special TFT7600. I assume therefore that is the reason one cannot select advance under the Display Property Settings screen.

I understand when under Linux there are no drivers (nobody pays for them), however when they are selling the hardware so expensive, they can PAY somebody (ATI or anybody) to write a driver for it, if they wanted to. Wouldn't you agree?

Isn't here someone from HP who can provide an answer? If you have a problem with it, please post so that HP eventually notice that there is a problem here.

Thanks
Marcelus

Hi,

I have just installed eight DL380G5 and one DL320G5 and the problem with the TFT7600 is the same.

I installed the RedHat Enterprise 3 and the default configuration is the following:

Section "Monitor"
Identifier "Monitor0"
VendorName "Monitor Vendor"
ModelName "Unprobed Monitor"
HorizSync 31.5 - 37.9
VertRefresh 50.0 - 70.0
Option "dpms"
EndSection

Section "Device"
Identifier "Videocard0"
Driver "radeon"
VendorName "Videocard vendor"
BoardName "ATI Radeon (generic)"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
Identifier "Screen0"
Device "Videocard0"
Monitor "Monitor0"
DefaultDepth 24
SubSection "Display"
Depth 24
Modes "800x600" "640x480"
EndSubSection
EndSection

I tried other resolutions, but it did not work.

Hints are welcome,
Regards,
Marcelus.