108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Rack and Power Manager

Kirsten Voigt
Occasional Contributor

Rack and Power Manager

Hi there,

I have several questions about hprpm:
- event response: "battery low" how low is it?
- netware 6.0 server with installed agent: the server makes nothing during a power failure, no shutdown (communication between hprpm and agent is ok)
- very slow communication between hprpm and snmp card, test with lan cable disconnect and connect; it takes a lot of time that hpprm says comm. lost with device.

thank you for help

Kirsten
4 REPLIES 4
Steve Tran
Trusted Contributor

When the UPS reaches "Battery Low" state, you normally have less than a couple of minutes before the load is droppped. You may want to try HP Power Manager 4.0 with the snmp carded UPS for communication testing. If it is still slow, check your network (LAN) condition and/or the card itself (latest f/w is 3.62B http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/proliantstorage/power-protection/software/hard-firmware.html)
Kirsten Voigt
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I have the firmware 3.62 at the snmp cards. I also think that the physical communication between hprpm an agent is ok. Which meanings has snmp in this situation. The documentation only says the server should have snmp installed and started. There are no community settings or security configurations described.

Kirsten
Steve Tran
Trusted Contributor

Actually, communication between the card (UPS) and your hprpm server is not snmp-based. It is based on a proprietary protocol using IP port 7010. Here are all the ports hprpm used (referenced from hprpm users guide):
Port 3256, SSL├в Used for communications between the Management Server and Shutdown agent
Port 3257, HTTP├в Used for browsing into the Management Server
Port 161, SNMP├в Used for communications between the Management Server and CMC device
Port 162, SNMP├в Used by the Management Server for sending out traps
Port 7010, Net-XCP├в Used for communications between the Management Server and UPS device

I would use some network monitoring tool to monitor port 7010 making sure that there is no problem
Kirsten Voigt
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

in the future I should read from the beginning to the end. Thank you.
I am going to test it.

Kirsten