108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Rackmounting Question

SOLVED
Go to solution
Kevin_88
Occasional Contributor

Rackmounting Question

I've got an HP C2785A Rack with the U-shaped rails (actually, they're shaped more like a british pound sign - photo attached). I'm planning to buy some generic ATX rackmount computer cases but I don't know what I need in the way of inner rails to slide into the rails that are bolted to my posts. I guess I could just slide a box onto the little shelves sticking out from the bottoms of the rails but I'd rather have something that slides out like a drawer. Any ideas?
4 REPLIES 4
Tom Geudens
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Rackmounting Question

Hi,
I believe you are looking for a "sliding shelf". You can get those from HP. I believe (check this !!!) its PN J1526A.

Hope this helps,
Tom
A life ? Cool ! Where can I download one of those from ?
Nick Wickens
Respected Contributor

We recently dropped some HP rackmounted servers into the same style cabinet and managed it by mounting the side brackets upside down. Doesn't slide out though .
Hats ? We don't need no stinkin' hats !!
Leif Halvarsson_2
Honored Contributor

Hi
This can be a problem. I have the same rack as you. This rack is 19 inch between the vertical profiles and if you want to mount a 19 inch wide box you need to do as Nick. A sliding rail should be very difficult to use. In my case I have "home made" a special rail and mount it on the outer side of the vertical profiles.
Kevin_88
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the help.