108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Raid Rebuild on Dynamic Smart Array B140i Controller

AleksVL
Regular Visitor

Raid Rebuild on Dynamic Smart Array B140i Controller

I have server ProLiant DL20 Gen9
Dynamic Smart Array B140i Controller with 2 SATA disks MB001000GWJAN 1000Gb
maked Logical Drive 01 Raid1 (mirroring)
after the failure of one of the disks -
Severity alarm Drive Array: Internal Storage Enclosure Device Failure (Bay 2, Box 0, Port 1I, Slot 0b)

I replaced disk, but there is no rebuild process of RAID recovery.
I see only system info: Logical Drive 01

Degraded(Ready for rebuild)

how do I start this process?

4 REPLIES 4
Anu_K
HPE Pro

Hello,

The rebuild process should start automatically once the server detects the replacement drive.

Could you check if there are any other errors related to the logical drive or the disks associated with the logical drive?

You can check this document (https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-a00020470en_us) and refer to the section "Abnormal termination of a rebuild" for more details on this.

Hope it helps!

Note: "While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company."

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Sebasbin
HPE Pro

Hi,

Kindly check the rebuild priority in smart storage administrator and set it as " High" if it is not set(Login to smart storage administrator>>select the controller>>select modify controller settings >>set rebuild priority to High >>save the settings and reboot the server )

Refer:-https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=c03909334

Also follow the instruction to initiate manually  via  F2 option that comes up once it loads the smart array at boot up .

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

AleksVL
Regular Visitor

Hello,

Yes I read earlier this document (https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-a00020470en_us) and refer to the section "Abnormal termination of a rebuild" for more details on this.

However, in the server there are Non-Hot Plug disks 652998-001 disks without leds

In ILo system information -> Storage Information
Status disks Ok! Drive configuration - configured

After restart server in Integrated managment log was message:
Option ROM POST Information: 1778-Slot 0b Drive Array resuming Automatic Data Recovery (Rebuild) process. Action: No action required

1 week passed, but RAID status ready for rebuild yet

AleksVL
Regular Visitor

Hi,

Yes, priority in smart storage administrator and set it as " High"

I cheched and not found it option F2 in my server for manual rebuild