1753604 Members
5925 Online
108797 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Reset password on 1x1x16 KVM

joshgaby

Reset password on 1x1x16 KVM

Hi Everone,

I have a HP KVM EO1010 1x1x16 that has a password set for the local viewer (keyboard and monitor hooked up directly to the KVM).

I have network access and serial access, I have tried doing a factory reset via the serial console which has made no difference at all.

Any options to get this to actually factory reset and remove this pesky password?
Or is there an HP employee who can take the EID / Serial number and generate a password reset for me?

-Josh

9 REPLIES 9
KSINGH_2018
HPE Pro

This should help. Try password. 00000000 (eight zero's).

Password Recovery:

Switch login (login screen is displayed when you connect to a switch using the IP Console Viewer)

Default User Name = Admin      Default Password = <<leave it blank>>

Recovery:

Connect to serial port with a terminal program - select 5 from the main menu to reset to factory defaults. Switch local port (when connected directly to the KVM connectors on the switch)

Default: User name =  <blank>   Default Password = <blank> i.e. both are empty strings or not defined.

Recovery:

Connect to serial port with a terminal program - select 5 from the main menu to reset to factory defaults. Switch serial port (when connected to the serial port on the back of the switch)

Default: User name =  <blank>   Default Password = <blank> i.e. both are empty strings or not defined.

IMPORTANT: Lost Serial Port Password If the customer looses the password that was set for the serial port, this is considered an Out-of-Warrenty event. The warranty does not cover lost passwords to the console switch serial port. The KVM switch must be returned AT CUSTOMER EXPENSE to HPE for replacement.

If the issue persists, click Forgot Password from Authorize Dialog Box >> A dialog box that contains an HPE technical support phone number (1-800-474-6836), a 16-bit key and the EID number >> Either call or log a case from HPE Support Center and kindly share the 16-bit key and the EID number >> A one-time unlock code, which is specific to the KVM EO1010 1x1x16 will be provied >> Type the one-time unlock code in the respective field and Click OK to delete the previous password.

Thanks & Regards,

K**bleep**ij

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

joshgaby

If only it were that simple, I've tried the default password multiple times with no luck and as my original post said, I have already factory reset the KVM using the serial console.

There doesnt seem to be any option to generate a 16-bit key either, the only text on the screen is "Enter the Password" and an OK button.

SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

Please share the below details through private message to reset the password.

Product Type
16 Digit Key
EID or serial number.

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

joshgaby

The EID is 520274-00729FD-0000 but I dont have a 16 digit key, there is no option for forgot password on the login screen.

joshgaby

Hi,

I have managed to get the 16 digit key via the serial interface, the details are below:

16 digit key:    -----
EID:                 -----

Hopefully this is enough to get a recovery password.

Edit: Opps, missed the part about sending it in a private message, sent now.

-Josh

joshgaby

Is there anyone else out there that might be able to help?

I’ve not had any further response from SanjeevGoyal
Russidc
Visitor

Thank you! Very helpful!

mtjardine1
Occasional Advisor

Re: Reset password on KVM - HELP

I also having issue,  no response from SanjeevGoyal   

Anyone else to help?

Sunitha_Mod

Re: Reset password on KVM - HELP

Hello @mtjardine1,

Thank you for writing to us! 

We have responded to your primary post, please refer to the below thread: 

https://community.hpe.com/t5/servers-general/kvm-switch-single-use-emergency-password/td-p/7201815

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo