New Discussion юеВ

Re: SPP for Generation 10 servers only

SOLVED
Go to solution
NickJamont
Visitor

SPP for Generation 10 servers only

Hi All,

i was wondering what the difference is between the Gen9/Gen10 SPP download which requires an active support contract and the Gen10 only SPP which does not require and active contract?

HPe states the following:

Gen10 Production Versions: 2021.04.0 2020.09.1
Gen9/Gen10 Production Versions (warranty/support agreement required): 2021.05.0 2020.09.1

What does the product versions mean? i can use the Gen10 ony SPP for all generation 10 servers?  no exclusions?
4 REPLIES 4
ManBha
HPE Pro

Hello,

Login with your HPE Passport account to access the SPP via the HPE Support Center. An active warranty or HPE support agreement is no longer required to download the Gen10 SPP. Additionally, you must have an active warranty or support agreement linked to your HPE Passport account to access previous SPP releases. For more information, please view the SPP Warranty/Support Agreement Validation document.,

Gen10 Production Versions: 2021.04.0 2020.09.1 is for Gen10 servers only. Please do refer to thr contents report.

https://downloads.hpe.com/pub/softlib2/software1/publishable-catalog/p1099065821/v176687/Gen10SPP2021.04.0ContentNotes.pdf

Gen9/Gen10 Production Versions (warranty/support agreement required): 2021.05.0 2020.09.1 : 

https://downloads.hpe.com/pub/softlib2/software1/publishable-catalog/p384162250/v138522/SPP2021.05.0ContentsReport.pdf

Thanks.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below and accept the solution.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

NickJamont
Visitor

Hello ManBha,

Thank you for your answer but below information i knew already , my question is can the gen 10 SPP be installed on all generation 10 servers starting from first production until now? so no exeptions?  

Also will these downloads remain free for the coming years?

ManBha
HPE Pro
Solution

Hello,

Yes, the Gen10 SPP can be installed on all Gen10 servers and there are no exceptions.

We're unsure if the SPP will be free. It is always recommended to have an active warranty/contract.

Thanks.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below and accept the solution.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

cgiesers
Advisor

So in final that means HPE made one step back from "Firmware only for paying customers" decision?

Aka: Current generation updates are free for everyone.