1748255 Members
3901 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Secure Web Console not playing with Java

Larry Hyde
Occasional Advisor

Secure Web Console not playing with Java

I am running Windows/XP and trying to access a secure web console. I am able to connect and open the console. However, for some reason the right 80% of my screen is cut off. This used to work when I was on Windows 2000. It works equally poorly with IE and Netscape. I suspect Java is causing me my problems, but not sure where to go with it. Any ideas?
8 REPLIES 8
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Re: Secure Web Console not playing with Java

Try upgrading JRE on the win XP. I've heard that another java based applications (like Command View 1.06) which work with w2k fine do not work correctly with XP because of java incompatibilities so I agree with you it's something about java
Eugeny
Larry Hyde
Occasional Advisor

Any good info or links to good info on how to upgrade JRE?
Efim Kushnir
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

you can try reinstall JRE.
For it ypu can visit site http://wwws.sun.com/software/download/
item "Top 10 Java Downloads" and select software for your wish.

BR,
Efim
Look for the answers, do not stop !
Larry Hyde
Occasional Advisor

The suggestion to update JRE was taken, with partial success. I now see the full screen. However the graphical info is invisable. The logon block is all red instead of the normal gray color. Also, the tab key is non functional, which is a big problem with dealing with full screen TUI displays such as SAM.
Barings
Occasional Advisor

Just to let you know that I have been having a similar problem with Java and XP and this is the response I got from placing a call with the ITRC
regards

Mark Twynham

I am having a slight problem with Java2 v1.4.2 and version A2.0 of the secure
web console software where the page doesn't load properly.

I am currently running XP pro on my PC with the JAVA enabled in IE 6.

I was going through an upgrade path of doing all the secure web consoles and I
have now stopped because when I use one with version A1.6 this works fine.

So I was wondering if you could be of help

Ok reproduced this in the reponse centre the issue is not with ie6 or windows xp
, rather it is with java 1.4.2, this does not work with the Secure Web Console,
I have left a vm for wtec to find out the current situation.
Larry Hyde
Occasional Advisor

Glad to see I am not alone in this problem. Please update this thread when you get a response from wtec.
Barings
Occasional Advisor

Apologises for the delay in responding

The situation is this. HP are no longer developing the Secure Web Console software. So there is not going to be a fix for this problem.

The only suggestion I have is to install Java2 1.3 (unsupported?) as there were major changes between 1.3 and 1.4 especially as the support for JVM is coming to an end. This works intermittently with older versions of the SWC software so would also recommend upgrading to A2.0

Regards

Mark Twynham
Larry Hyde
Occasional Advisor

I not asking HP to develop software only to fix existing software and provide the kind of support I expect from HP. I come to HP for solutions not excuses.