Servers - General
1752291 Members
5264 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: See no Servers in Infosight but all in ILO Amplifier Pack .

IT_Anna
Occasional Advisor

See no Servers in Infosight but all in ILO Amplifier Pack .

Hi , 

In Amplifier Pack all Servers have correct Connections to the ILOs . 

In the Ilo Amplifier Pack , Infosight Status Report you see this : 

IAP01_1.png

In the Unified Supportability Pipeline of  Amplifier Pack you see this : 
IAP01_2.png

But on the HP Infosight Website you see this : 

IAP01_3.png

I already done an "Connection test" from ILO Amplifier Pack to Infosight . The Test was successfully. 

I already unregister the ILO Amplifier Pack from HP Infosight . And the again Reregister . 

Anyone an idea ? 

Thanks 

Michael 

9 REPLIES 9
support_s
System Recommended

Query: See no Servers in Infosight but all in ILO Amplifier Pack .

System recommended content:

1. HPE InfoSight for Servers Getting Started Guide

2. iLO Amplifier Pack

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

TVVJ
HPE Pro

Hello,

From what you describe, it appears that the connectivity between iLO Amplifier Pack and HPE InfoSight is working, but server information is not populated in HPE InfoSight. This may require further investigation. You may consider contacting HPE Support by logging a support case.

Regards,

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

IT_Anna
Occasional Advisor

hello , 

I opened an Support Case since last week but without much success till now . 

Case 5362306017

rneves2022

Hi,

Just checking if you were able to solve this problem.

I'm having the same issue and already attempted unregistering, reinstalling the amplifier pack, etc, without success and after getting nowhere with the Infosight support, I'm still waiting to hear from the HPE support..

feigenL
Respected Contributor

I've seen this behavior before, usually on companies that focus on security/hardenning and use proxy, or firewalls or content filtering systems.

So, try to make sure that the IP address assigned to the iLO amp. appliance is not being blocked.

Unfortunately, the iLO amp. FAQ doesn't have that much on that mater:

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-a00029513en_us#N100E9

Which ports do I need to open in my firewall to use iLO Amplifier Pack?

Because iLO Amplifier Pack uses REST/RIS calls for managing servers, only port 443 needs to be open between iLO Amplifier Pack and the iLOs. The web browser on client systems also connects to iLO Amplifier Pack on port 443. If you will be performing online or offline updates using the web server method, then user will need to open the port through which the web server hosts its files. For example, if the web server hosts using port 80, then port 80 will need to be opened in the firewall as well. Open port 22 to use SSH and port 17990 if IRC is required.

Luis Feigenblatt
IT_Anna
Occasional Advisor

Good Morning , 

As you can see on my Screenshots , the Communication between the ILOs and the Amplifier Pack Appliance is successfully . You can see that all ILOs are connected . You can also see that the Upload to HP Infosight from Amplifier Pack was successfully also . The Connection Test from ILO Amplifier Pack to HP Infosight also brings an "Successfull Connected" . 

So , sorry its not an Firewall or Network Problem . 

And an additional Information . When i try to delete the Organization into Infosight i see this : 
Delete Organization.png

You can see here that Infosight thinks it has 10 Servers . But they dont shown up . 

Michael 

rneves2022

Hi Michael,

This is exactly my situation.  If I try to delete my organization, I get the same confirmation prompt stating there is a system registered.  It is the only moment Infosight seems aware of the device.

My setup is still in a testing/evaluation phase.  When I realized there was a single contact/service location in Infosight for an entire organization, I decided having that in Insight would be better than Infosight, because the former allows systems grouped per data center location.  Infosight does not allow wiping out the organization contact and location, just editing, so I deleted the organization and recreated it, bumping into this condition.

So it is not a networking/proxy issue for me either, because everything was working in my initial setup, minutes earlier, with two testing systems (Infosight + iLO Amplifier looked very promising).

I tried unregistering and registering the appliance, doing a Factory Reset, creating new baselines, forwarding AHS logs, deleting an adding the attached test systems, even deleting the entire appliance and recreating it. Nothing updates Infosight: from the iLO Amplifier side no issues are reported, while from the Infosight side, no registered devices are flagged, except this prompt dialog you pasted, when the organization is being deleted.

Looking at this post history, I see that you opened a case at least a week ago and I was hoping it had been solved or at least a bug was found, and the post hadn't been updated...

IT_Anna
Occasional Advisor

Hello , 

Good News . Since today Morning our Servers was now again shown up in the HP Infosight Portal . 

Can anybody confirm this on his Side ? 

Thanks 

Michael 

rneves2022

Excellent news indeed!  My appliance and test server both reappeared.

Still waiting to hear from my case, I hope we get some explanation as to what caused it.  These products should have some public bug tracking, so we know if other customers are having similar issues and if HPE is aware of them...