Servers - General
1753701 Members
5051 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Server RX2620 continue shutdown after test battery on UPS R3000 XR.

zuraidi_1

Server RX2620 continue shutdown after test battery on UPS R3000 XR.

Hi All.

I've problem with my server. The server continue shutdown process after i tested to cut off power on my UPS.

The power on UPS have cut off. Server get warning message "Power Utility Failure". On UPS, LED on "Battery Symbol" have amber, means UPS now running on battery. After i connect back power on UPS, server are ignore it and continue to shutdown. The error on syslog.log as below:

Mar 24 10:23:06 jpnkl /usr/lbin/ups_mond[2755]: /usr/lbin/ups_mond: UPS Monitor daemon starting; using configuration file /etc/ups_conf
Mar 24 10:23:10 jpnkl /usr/lbin/ups_mond[2755]: /usr/lbin/ups_mond: UPS /dev/tty1p0 read failed: File exists; Uninterruptable Power Supply has not been connected correctly; loss of power would not be detectible
Mar 24 10:23:10 jpnkl /usr/lbin/ups_mond[2755]: /usr/lbin/ups_mond: UPS /dev/tty1p0 read of status failed: File exists
Mar 24 10:23:46 jpnkl EMS [3202]: ------ EMS Event Notification ------ Value: "CRITICAL (5)" for Resource: "/adapters/events/raid_adapter/0_4_1_0_4_0" (Threshold: >= " 3") Execute the following command to obtain event details: /opt/resmon/bin/resdata -R 209846274 -r /adapters/events/raid_adapter/0_4_1_0_4_0 -n 209846273 -a
Mar 24 10:26:34 jpnkl /usr/lbin/ups_mond[2755]: /usr/lbin/ups_mond: UPS /dev/tty1p0 interrupted but read of ups status failed - possible UPS hardware problem
Mar 24 10:26:34 jpnkl /usr/lbin/ups_mond[2755]: /usr/lbin/ups_mond: AC Power to all recognized, system critical UPS's OK! System will not shutdown.

thanks.
7 REPLIES 7
cnb
Honored Contributor

Hi,

This UPS isn't supported with ups_mond:
http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=625404

/usr/lbin/ups_mond: UPS /dev/tty1p0 read failed: File exists; Uninterruptable Power Supply has not been connected correctly; loss of power would not be detectible

You need a supported UPS and software configured properly:

http://docs.hp.com/en/B2355-60130/ups_mond.1M.html

http://docs.hp.com/en/B2355-60130/ups_conf.4.html

ups_conf ├в HP PowerTrust Uninterruptible Power System (UPS) monitor configuration file

Rgds,

zuraidi_1

Ok. Thanks.
cnb
Honored Contributor

Re: Thanks...

If the information provided helps please assign some points and close the thread.

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#33

Best Regards,

zuraidi_1

Hi,

FYI. I've another site that using same server and same UPS. On the other site, when i cut off power for UPS and after 2 minute turn on it back, the server are cancelled the shutdown process. Any idea?

thanks
gregersenj
Honored Contributor

Could be a different setup on the other UPS.
Or you are taking a longer time, before you re-apply power.

On the UPS, you have got the shutdown delay timer.

If the timer is set for 5 minutes.
The UPS or UPS agent will waite 5 minutes, then send a shutdown command to the server.
Once the sutdown command has been sent, it's inreversable.
If you're very close to the delay time, then you may actually apply power in time, but still it will shutdown, because cancellation will late.

BR
/jag

Accept or Kudo

zuraidi_1

OK, i will try it again. Could you give the what must i check first before turn off UPS power.

gregersenj
Honored Contributor

Check the shutdown delay time.

If it is set for 5 min.
I will recommend to re-apply power within 3 minutes.

I did some time checks, some years ago, on a "complicated" set up. If I remember correctly. If I applied power within 1 min 30 sec before the delay time, not all serveres got cancelled.

BR
/jag

Accept or Kudo