1752794 Members
5772 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Showing red signal from HBA after installed 10G sfp+module

kim_macro
Occasional Visitor

Showing red signal from HBA after installed 10G sfp+module

Hello, I m using DL560 Gen10 & HPE MSA 2052 SAN Storage. I need to create a LUN from SAN Storage to DL 560 gen10 Server , connitivity through HPE Ethernet 10GbE SFP+iSCSI module (Server end) and using  MSA 10Gb iscsi SFP+ module in Storage end. i have done it successfully without any error. (LUN present in Server - no issue). But i got a red singal from HBA which installed in server (using for HPE Ethernet 10GbE SFP+iSCSI module). can someone tell me what is the resason ?

Note:  1. no ping drop 

2. LUN in never disconnected 

2 REPLIES 2
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Re: Showing red signal from HBA after installed 10G sfp+module

Hello,

Not sure what the issue is from the description provided. Kindly provide pictures and the option/spare part number of the card to further isolate the issue.

Regards,

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

ksram
HPE Pro

Re: Showing red signal from HBA after installed 10G sfp+module

Hi,

Thank you for the Post.

Could you please share the exact Adapter Model so that we can check the details.

Also if possible share the Picture of the LEDs.

Please refer Page 5 for LED indications : this is for 562SFP+ which would be similar for most of the similar Adapters :  https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=c05215562

Thank you
RamKS

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo