1748019 Members
4692 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: System Power Failure Detected

smartkid808
Occasional Advisor

System Power Failure Detected

Hi guys.  I am spinning my wheels here...  I am getting an error in IML on 2 different servers when trying to upgrade the (DL380p G8), and am unable to post.  I was trying to upgrade the CPUs and add a drive cage and p420.  One server worked fine prior, and I put all its parts back, and still having issues.   I did update BIOS to P70 05/24/2019, as well as Ilo to 2.78, and the firmware to hp-ivb_update-1.80-2.  

I have ripped out everything, including risers/drive bays, only using one proc.  etc.  I'm going in circles, and may be missing something basic here.   

TIA for any suggestions and help

svr 1 - 

System Power Fault Detected (XR: 24 00 MID: FF 0D FC CE C0 FF FF 2F 2F 0C 0C 00 9E 01 00 01 03 47 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00)

svr2 - 

System Power Fault Detected (XR: 24 00 MID: FF 0D FE CF C0 FF FF 2F 2F 0C 0C 00 8A 20 00 01 03 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00)

8 REPLIES 8
Ihaqueit
Trusted Contributor

Please follow the below recommendations to fix this issue.

1. Update the server with the latest bios and all firmware.

2. Replace the riser#1, if the issue doesn't resolve after bios & firmware updates.

I Haq
smartkid808
Occasional Advisor

Hi I Haq,

I currently have all risers out on both servers..   Bios is at P70 05/24/2019,  Ilo, also upgraded yesterday to 2.79 (from 2.78)

v2 proc update also installed last week.  

SPP ran a while ago, any others I can try updating thru ILO?

Tnx

-Will

SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

riser#1.needs to be replace for fix this issue.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below and accept the solution.

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

smartkid808
Occasional Advisor

Hi Sanjee,

I have already tried 2 different risers and tried with none installed. 

I can try a third tonight.  Does a riser have to be installed for it to boot?

smartkid808
Occasional Advisor

Hi Sanjee,

Tried another riser, and again with no riser. and its still not booting

SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

I would suggest, you have to log a proper case with HPE, and share the appropriate logs for further analysis.
If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below and accept the solution.
Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

smartkid808
Occasional Advisor

I don't have an active warranty on them, as they are home lab servers.  Would I still be able to get any support on them?

smartkid808
Occasional Advisor

@SanjeevGoyal   

I don't have an active warranty on them, as they are home lab servers.  Would I still be able to get any support on them?

I still haven't figured out the issue.  I got a used one, and got it up fine, but I still have 3 down ones I want to try get back up at least 2 of them