1745794 Members
3776 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion

Trying to Execute a Custom Script upon Power Failure w/ R/T3000

Dzemina
Occasional Visitor

Trying to Execute a Custom Script upon Power Failure w/ R/T3000

I have created a .bat script that remotely shuts down several servers on my network when power is lost. I have placed this script in c:\shutdown\shut.bat. I can manually execute this script and it runs just fine, but I can't get it to run in the HP UPS webapp. I have changed the Shutdown Type from the default "shutdown" to "Script" and I have set the box for script location to reflect where my script is: "c:\shutdown\shut.bat" I then press test shutdown and nothing happens, aka the script does not run. I know it does not run because I checked the log file and there were no new entries (aside from the times I manually ran the script by clicking on it). What can I do to get the UPS to run this .bat script for me? Any help is appreciated. Thank you

PS This is my script (it works, but just posting it in case)

::VMs

psshutdown.exe -t 10 -u Administrator -p emats2 @VMNormList.txt -s -f -m "Power Failure, All systems automatically shutting down. SAVE ALL YOUR WORK."

::Systems

psshutdown.exe -t 150 -u Administrator -p emats2 @ServNormList.txt -s -f -m "Power Failure, All systems automatically shutting down. SAVE ALL YOUR WORK."

ECHO.%DATE%:%TIME%:Shutdown Initiated >> c:\shutdown\log.txt

P.S. This thread has been moved from Tape Backup (Small and Medium Business) to to Servers > general. - HP Forum Moderator