1753312 Members
5744 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: UPS Probs

Simon Queripel

UPS Probs

Hi,

I've just managed to get hold of an old Powerwise L900 UPS for my system at home, and found that when I plug it in and switch on, all I get is a continuous beep and no lights on the front. I have taken it back and got a second one but this is doing exactly the same.

The UPS's are old one's that my company used to use but have now gone for a full rack- mounted system and no-longer require them. we have no documentation, and no-one seems to know how to use them.....

Any idea's as it would be a real shame to throw them away.

P.S. this thread has been moved from Archived Desktops and Workstations Boards > general to Servers > general - HP Forums moderator

6 REPLIES 6
Denver Osborn
Honored Contributor

maybe they have a blown fuse that needs replaced?
Jennifer Chiarelli
Regular Advisor

If they were not in use for a while, the batteries may be dead. There should be a button to silence the alarm. Then try letting it charge the battery. If the battery is any good, that should help.
It's a binary world!
Patrick Wessel
Honored Contributor

Simon,
The PowerWise UPSs are OEMs from APC. Maybe you are able to find the 'original' APC model name and ask the same question in the "APS Forum" http://www.apcc.com/support/forums.cfm
There is no good troubleshooting with bad data
Koen_1
Advisor

Hello,

I also have a PowerWise L900 from HP, and i also have the same 'problem' as Mr. Simon Queripel.

Now, i have checked the battery's and all of the fuses.
The 4 battery's should deliver a voltage of 48V, i mesured 25,42 so i guess they are in poor condition.
Also i have checkt for an APC product identification number or any clue, but failed to find one.
I am going to charge all 4 of the battery's manualy, and hope that this will solve my problem... :-)

Koen.
What if there where no more problems to solve?
Tihomir
Occasional Advisor

The problem is that some electrolytic capacitors are dried because of time and high temperature. Try to replace all 10uF/50V capacitors around CPU ( there are 5 -6 of them ) This helps me to revive around 10 HP PowerWise L900 and L1250.

And check the bateries of course...
osama_2

I have the same problem on L900 Power wise UPS,
this UPS have problem with cooling ,,,
so if u do the following you will solve "hopfully":
must put something on the fan path,,
i do it by hand ''and wait some time the fan will stop,,,after 1 minute switch on the UPS.
And good luck