1753905 Members
9529 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: UPS logs differ between hosts

Norman Dignard
Regular Advisor

UPS logs differ between hosts

We have a RX3000 UPS which has a Proliant 580G4 running Windows 2003, and a RX2620 with HPIX 11v3. Both boxes running HP Power manager sw 4.1

In looking at the UPS logs on both hosts we noted that the logs are not the same. By this I mean that the events recorded are not the same on both systems - eg. line in/out voltage show on one box fro the dsame time period are note shown on the other host's UPS logs..
What gives?

Do the UPS logs only record host specific logs? One would have assumed that common data would be the same across servers.
2 REPLIES 2
Brian Vo
Trusted Contributor

You don't install HP Power Manager (HPPM) on both servers if they're one the same UPS.
You choose one server to install HPPM and this server would serve as an Power Manager server (and it connects to UPS either by serial, network or USB). Other servers have power supplied by this UPS you need to install a Remote Agent. All Remote Agents would keep coomunicating with the HP Power Manager server over network or serial. If power loss occurs, the HPPM server would alert and send commands to shutdown all other servers gracefully.

Brian
Norman Dignard
Regular Advisor

My bad. I errored, afetr physical inspection, the servers were not on the same UPS. Some of our docs were not updated to reflect the current config.