3328 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

USB Configuration

Chris B_1
Occasional Contributor

USB Configuration

Hello,
I have a KVM solution that I am trying to resolve. I have an L Class that has the seperate USB ports for Keyboard and mouse. Does anyone know of a way to get them to respond onto one USB port. The KVM solution only has a single USB cable and sends both keyboard and mouse over that one connector.
3 REPLIES 3
Charles Harris
Super Advisor

Re: USB Configuration

Hi Chris,

I think you might have a problem there, I did a bit of digging on the net and descovered that integrated USB mouse / Kybds use a different sort of USB bus (8 bit).

If you do a search on google.com for integrated USB mouse and keyboards, it comes up with a few companies selling special adapters and the like which might resolve your problem.

Hope this is of some use!

-ChaZ-
Charles Slivkoff
Respected Contributor

There are no known working USB KVM solutions available. The "best" solution that I can suggest is to purchase a Y-Mouse adapter from PI Engineering to convert a single USB port to 2 PS/2 ports. Then "known-to-work" PS/2 KVM switches should work.

Most USB KVM switches are not "smart" & hot-swap support in HP-UX is minimal.

Chris B_1
Occasional Contributor

All,
Thanks for the response. I di some research and did find out the the USB hub that the 9000s have works exactly like a USB hub. I did find that hooking an Autoview and a DS1800 worked flawlessly when using the USB cable. Even though there is only one USB cable from the KVM switch the 900 can correctly see the keyboard and mouse on the same USB port. Works well for me.