1753521 Members
4984 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

Unable to communicate after f/w update

MichaelGruber
Occasional Advisor

Unable to communicate after f/w update

We have 2 HP IP KVM switches; an AF621A and an AF620A both of which were working fine with the IP KVM Viewer software until we upgraded the firmware on the KVM to version 2.2.0.25242.  Now we get communication errors from the viewer software - specifically the software doesn't see the IP KVM.  Tried upgrading the software to the latest version (4.1.3.2) and still no communication.

Since this started with the firmware update, we tried downgrading the firmware, however that didn't work.  We are able to connect to the KVM by IP address and a browser, just not through the viewer software. 

Any help or suggestions on next steps would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
ShruthiSK
HPE Pro

Re: Unable to communicate after f/w update

Hi There, 

Please let us know if there are any LED indications for the ports on the IP switch.

Kindly uninstall the IP KVM Viewer software, reinstall and then provide us with the outcome. 

If the issue does not resolve then we would request you to create a case with HPE for further assistance and troubleshooting. 

Regards,

Shruthi (HPE Employee)

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
MichaelGruber
Occasional Advisor

Re: Unable to communicate after f/w update

Thank you for your reply.  Unfortunately, uninstalling and reinstalling the software did not work.  The IP KVM Viewer software is still reporting the IP Console Switch was not found.

kvmerror.JPG

I think in the interest of time, I'm just going to replace these KVM switches with another manufacturer's switches.  Avocent is the OEM manufacturer of these switches, but the client software is crap.