5887 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Upgrade Bios version

owahid
Frequent Advisor

Upgrade Bios version

Hello

I have three HPE servers in with the same specs , All in one windows cluster , One of the hosts is slower and have some errors in the cluster and connection to storage , when check that host we found it have an older version of bios (one month late from other hosts) , 

MY question: how to upgrade the bios version of this host to be like others hosts 

Note: I need just to update this host bios version to the same version on the other hosts not to update all hhsosts to latest version , and can not restart more than one host at a time 

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
StorageMike
HPE Pro

Re: Upgrade Bios version

Hi

What model of server is it (DLXXX GX) and what version of BIOS are you looking for?

BIOS updates are avaiable on the support portal and you can find older version by looking at the Revision History.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Re: Upgrade Bios version

Hello,

I would suggest you, check latest bios have fix for slower issue, if yes you can update.

For slower or latency issue, you have to check below option before update.

1.                   What is the error message.

2.                   Error message belongs to bios.

3.                   What is the SA controller firmware version.

( SA controller and hard disk latest firmware have critical fix for latency issue.) you have to check this side also.

4.                   What is the hard disk firmware version.

I would suggest you have a proper case be logged with HPE, and share the appropriate logs for further analysis.

Before update bios.

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo