1751974 Members
4922 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: iLO drops connection

freebird317
Occasional Contributor

iLO drops connection

I have a two DL 20 Gen 10 that shared port iLO keeps dropping connection (cant use dedicated port, not enough open ports on switches) and if my network admin bounces the port iLO comes back online.  iLO is setup with a DHCP reservation coming from our firewalls.  What is strange is I can access the iLO from inside the local subnet.  I have 70+ (each on its own subnet) DL20 accross the states and only 2 are having a problem.  I have sumbitted the AHS log to HPE support which i am told they found nothing wrong.  Any pointers on how to track down why iLO is dropping connection.  

4 REPLIES 4
Ihaqueit
Trusted Contributor

iLO is dropping connection. 

how to track down?

Open cmd and ping

ping 192.168.x.x -t

Check how many frames drop.

I Haq
freebird317
Occasional Contributor

why would I need to do that.  I have solarwinds telling me when it goes offline.  That is all icmp is gong to do tell me when not why.

Ihaqueit
Trusted Contributor

The exact drop you must be know, and same time check tracert it will be better to understand why connection drop.

I Haq
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

I would suggest you update the ILO firmware the latest.

If the issue still persists, connect server directly with one of your laptop to isolate the issue.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below and accept the solution.
Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo