1748202 Members
2895 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

iLO2 Firmware upgrade to 1.29 via USB Stick not possible

Sunderdiek

iLO2 Firmware upgrade to 1.29 via USB Stick not possible

Hi,

I want to upgrade my server firmware using the USB-Key feature. This usually works.
I also update the Stick regularly with new firmware. In this case, it was the firmware 1.29 for the iLO2.

I put the CP007549.scexe into the folder xx:\compaq\swpackages as usual.
After booting from the USB Key, all new firmware was available, but not the one for iLO2.
In the menu it shows me, that there is an update for my iLO, but i can't chose it. (Neither via "install all", nor via the grey button)

I also tried to updater the master_dependencies.xml file using an old part of iLO2 and updating the filenames. Didn't work either.

Thanks for any help.
2 REPLIES 2
Sunderdiek

Re: iLO2 Firmware upgrade to 1.29 via USB Stick not possible

I think I found the answer myself.

I completely started with the actual 7.70 CD and just copied the new scexe files to the folder. And now it works.
In the cases before I also deleted the old files, to keep the data as small as possible. This usually worked...until this case with the iLO2 1.29.

Can anyone tel me why? Is the 1.29 firmware setting up on the 1.26 firmware?
Michael Garner_1
Honored Contributor

Re: iLO2 Firmware upgrade to 1.29 via USB Stick not possible

Sunderdiek,
The reason it doesn't work without at least one older iLO component is that we use the iLO component to do detection directly in the offline (boot) environment. When new components come out, the software does not know what the new component number is to use to figure out what version of iLO Firmware is installed. We are working to correct this in a future release of the Firmware CD so that newer components can be added to the USB key and older versions removed. It is definitely on our list of enhancements for later this year.

Regards,
Michael Garner
HP HPSUM/Firmware CD Architect