Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple 'Loss of Redundnat Communication event' messages

Highlighted
kenny chia
Regular Advisor

multiple 'Loss of Redundnat Communication event' messages

Hi
I have installed the HP UPS Management Module into my UPS and the remote agent ( http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/proliantstorage/power-protection/software/module/ups/dl.html ) into the connected linux servers

But I consistently get the following messages in the /var/log/messages file. This happens every few hours

Apr 13 00:15:09 a2 DevManRA(UPS deamon)[22291]: Agent(s) Not Connected event activated
Apr 13 00:15:36 a2 DevManRA(UPS deamon)[22599]: Loss of Redundant Communication event activated
Apr 13 00:17:00 a2 DevManRA(UPS deamon)[23547]: Agent(s) Not Connected event cleared
Apr 13 00:17:12 a2 DevManRA(UPS deamon)[23561]: Loss of Redundant Communication event cleared

The management module is connected to the servers via a 10Mb/s network hub.
I think these messages is caused by a slow network hub which slows down the communication between the switch and the server. Is there any parameters that I can modify to prevent the messages from appearing?
All Your Bases Are Belong To Us!
2 REPLIES 2
TonyBW
Occasional Visitor

Re: multiple 'Loss of Redundnat Communication event' messages

We have the same problem. We are running 1GB network so it's not your slow hub thats doing it. I have also set a timeout on the event message (1 minute) in case the agent reconnects but we still receive the event emails almost every day.

Why does the agent disconnect for over a minute on each server?

Also, the log is a joke. It tells you nothing except it disconnected and then reconnected. How can you troubleshoot that!
RobMIT
Occasional Visitor

Re: multiple 'Loss of Redundnat Communication event' messages

I know this thread is old but just to help anyone who runs into it.

We put 'No Server' into the 2nd module edit box on the servers agent and this stopped the events.