Servers: The Right Compute
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boost Business Productivity with New Mobile Workspace Solutions

Rebecca Taylor

Dr. Tom Bradicich_2016.jpg

Guest blog by Tom Bradicich, PhD, Vice President and General Manager, Servers and IoT Systems, Hewlett Packard Enterprise

The ability to access business-critical data and programs anytime, anywhere, and on any device is crucial to the modern workforce as it becomes progressively more mobile and geographically dispersed.

Think of it this way, if one can annihilate time and place constraints associated with any activity, efficiency is catapulted to new levels. Internet connectivity and mobile devices have enabled this in so many areas of human endeavor – from shopping and banking, to education and entertainment. So it is with IT access, and the latest mobile workspace technologies are helping organizations improve productivity, drive operational efficiencies and realize better business outcomes.

Until just recently, remote desktops and mobile workspaces lacked the high levels of performance, flexibility, scalability, and speed needed to satisfy end users. This is particularly true with the demands of the financial trader workstation. But we at Hewlett Packard Enterprise did it with our new Moonshot Trader Workstation solution, which major financial institutions are now deploying.

At Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), my team and I are helping financial organizations boost productivity with a new set of trader workstation solutions powered by breakthrough Moonshot technology. Our Mobile Workspace offers traders consistent and remote access to their information, while data and programs stay more secure and easier to manage in the data center.

Financial traders will benefit from not only seamless data access and system stability, but also excellent computing and graphics performance enabled by new ultra-converged integrated GPU technology – integrated right on chip with the Intel Xeon processor, so there’s no need for the cost and energy of a separate GPU card.

Frank Sinatra once said of New York, “If I can make it there, I'll make it anywhere…” And so it is with the tremendous demands of the financial Trader Workstation – if we can do that, think of the quality and performance of other less demanding remote desktops and VDI users. Mobile workspaces with rich graphics, from the simple task worker and productivity work, to the power user and financial trader can all be supported.

Other benefits of the Moonshot Mobile Workspace solution include:

• Breakthrough IT economics through the use of low-energy, space-saving hardware that drives down power consumption per user, reduces energy costs and makes optimal use of data center space and power resources. One customer just told us they’re down to just over 1 watt per user!
  • Sensitive financial information and transactions can be hosted securely in the data center while the trader operates anywhere in the world, distant from the application stack.
  • A wide range of mobile workspace applications can be accommodated by one suite, allowing IT to increase workstation efficiency for every user type.
  • Complexity can be eliminated by supporting app streaming, VDI, and dedicated PC blades all in a single physical chassis, offering the convenience of having only one system to learn, deploy and manage.

Our partnership with Citrix is key. Best-of-breed software combined with proven Moonshot technology is how we compose this scalable, high-performance mobile workspace computing infrastructure.

We can make it easy to evaluate these new solutions and technology. HPE’s Global Moonshot Discovery Labs connect customers and partners remotely, using a secure VPN connection to accelerate deployments and test/benchmark applications.

In sum, forget what you thought about a mobile workspace, VDI, or remote desktop, and see firsthand this new technology with integrated on chip GPU. We can start with a solid evaluation of your business metrics, whether the goal is achieving a smaller footprint, reducing energy or OPEX costs, lowering cost per user, or a combination of metrics. My team and I can work with you to optimize a Moonshot infrastructure built around specific desired outcomes. Please let us know how we can help you!

----------------------------------------------

Becca Taylor
HPE Influencer Marketing Manager

@beccataylor

See a post or answer you like? Be sure to give it a Kudo!
0 Kudos
About the Author

Rebecca Taylor

I manage influencer outreach at HPE.