Servers: The Right Compute
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hewlett Packard Enterprise ProLiant for SUSE OpenStack Cloud

msemadeni

Host Blog Written by Jay Hendrickson, Product Manager, Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Today’s IT reality is one of the emergence of the internal service provider. As lines of businesses become more technologically aware, they see alternatives in the market for direct consumption of information technology. In other words, users see IT as a service and they want it fast, simple, and available.

If you can’t provide IT services fast, those users will look to someone, or something, who can (i.e., Public cloud). And though you may preach potential security, compliance, and performance concerns, getting resources fast is what is going to drive end-user behavior. You know what I’m talking about…Shadow IT.

So let’s get to it. A private cloud is going to allow your users provision resources fast, keep those pesky shadow IT concerns in check. And an OpenStack private cloud will allow you to use all those cool tools you’ve developed in house or obtained from the open source community.

But building an OpenStack private cloud is complex, takes time, and can be a bit risky. And, there are a lot of OpenStack distributions out there. If you have standardized on SUSE, there is a solution.

Enter the HPE ProLiant for SUSE OpenStack Cloud. This solution is a pre-configured rack of industry leading ProLiant servers, optimized for SUSE OpenStack, and delivered to your datacenter. Upon delivery, either you, or SUSE OpenStack Cloud professionals, will install and deploy the cloud and you’re off and running.

Join me and Bryan Gartner of SUSE, in November at SUSECon in Amsterdam.

0 Kudos
About the Author

msemadeni