Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Servers: The Right Compute
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let’s Spice Things Up with iLO 5 Security

DougHascall

SpiceHeads. SpiceWorld. SpiceWorks. All very spicy!

Social_Spiceworld.jpgI am looking forward to the SpiceWorld trade show coming up October 9-11 in Austin, TX (ATX as the cool kids call it). SpiceWorld is a big-name tech conference sponsored by SpiceWorks and focused on small and midsized businesses (SMBs).

I’ll be delivering a presentation on “HPE Locks Down Server Security with iLO 5” on Tuesday, October 10 at 3:30 PM.

I’ve delivered similar conversations about security at our HPE Discover trade show.  Discover’s primary audience is big, enterprise corporations. (Check out my HPE Discover blog)  SpiceWorld seems very interesting with its focus on SMBs. I’ve been thinking about how SMB security requirements would differ from big corporations. I’ve also been thinking about how those requirements would be similar to a big corporation. Some similarities, some big differences.

Did you know there are 720 million cyberattacks attempted made every day1? Did you know that 60 percent of small and medium-sized businesses who suffer a cyberattack go out of business in six months2?

HPE Gen10 servers and iLO 5 protect your hardware and firmware from these threats. 

The conference also seems like it will be loads of fun. The attendees are called SpiceHeads. That’s pretty cool. I’m looking forward to the SpiceHeads sharing their knowledge and their challenges with me. In addition to my presentation, I’ll also be at the Monday, October 9 social events. There is the “One-on-one with the Hewlett Packard Enterprise Gen10 Portfolio” from 3:45 to 4:45 PM and the “Welcome Shindig and Sponsor Showcase” from 5:00 to 8:00 PM. Of course, I’ll also be hanging around our HPE booth looking to showcase the Awesomeness of iLO 5 and the World’s Most Secure Industry-Standard Servers3 to all the SpiceHeads.

(And a special shout out to you SpiceHeads: We’ve got two helpful “green guys” you can always reach out to on Spiceworks.com: HPEStorageGuy and Ryan Harris.)

Learn more about SpiceWorld.

Learn more about iLO and Security.

1 Source: CNBC 2016

2 http://www.denverpost.com/2016/10/23/small-companies-cyber-attack-out-of-business/

3 Based on external firm conducting cyber security penetration testing of a range of server products from a range of manufactures, May 2017.

0 Kudos
About the Author

DougHascall

Doug Hascall is honored to serve as the Senior Manager of the iLO Firmware Development and Test teams. Doug was the manager when iLO was first developed and introduced back in March 2002. He is now busy leading the team’s efforts on the next generation of awesomeness. In addition to iLO, Doug has worked on SmartStart, NetWare OS support, the first 1U ProLiant, Insight Power Manager, and Dynamic Power Capping. Doug has been with Compaq/HP/HPE since 1994. Outside of work, Doug is a Harley-riding, horse-riding, SCUBA-diving, third-degree black belt husband and father.

Events
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more
HPE at Worldwide IT Conferences and Events -  2017
Learn about IT conferences and events  where Hewlett Packard Enterprise has a presence
Read more