Servers & Systems: The Right Compute
1752661 Members
6024 Online
108788 Solutions
New Article
sansan_strozier

Server computing can protect your eggs and save your bacon

HPE_0193_SECURE_BAN_400x267_040518.jpg

What I’m about to tell you could really save your bacon one day. Last week I blogged about how putting all your eggs in one basket is a great idea—but only if you keep an eye on the basket. That’s because most small and midsize businesses keep all their “eggs” (customer and employee files, A/R, sales presentations, contracts, emails, etc.) on a laptop, a couple of networked PCs, or spread among multiple mobile devices. And most small businesses:

• Don’t routinely back up all files, apps, and data, including those on personal devices
  • Don’t know where all the data is stored among the various PCs, laptops, smart phones, and tablets in use by employees
  • Don’t have a recovery plan in place for when the inevitable crash/loss/theft/spilled coffee happens

So, this week I’m going to cover how server computing with automated storage and backup can protect your eggs from all sorts of disasters, including hacking attempts by cyber criminals. At the same time, it creates a central repository so you always know where all the data is, and employees can access it when they need to.

Hold on a second. Isn’t that putting all your eggs in one basket?

Yes, with sever computing you are putting everything in one place. But the second half of that saying is “keep an eye on the basket.” By adopting an automated storage and backup plan for your server, you are protecting all the data more effectively than you could by trying to protect it across a variety of devices.

For example, HPE Small Business Solutions for Storage and Backup start with a simple, secure, and affordable HPE ProLiant server, like the HPE MicroServer Gen10, powered by AMD® processors, and come with a choice of either the ClearOS™ or Microsoft® Windows Server® 2016 operating system. HPE ProLiant Servers are the world’s most secure industry-standard servers, and feature silicon-level security that protects them from malware.[1] They further help you protect your data—and your business—with features such as centralized storage, data protection, 24/7 availability, and optional HPE Secure Encryption.[2]

HPE Small Business Solutions for Storage and Backup are just for small businesses, remote and branch offices, and small and home offices. They give you a cost-effective, easy-to-manage solution that uses automated intelligence to save your bacon, protect your eggs, and give you more time to spend on your business.

If you’d like to know more, check out this Share Files from Your Own Private Cloud as an NAS on MicroServer Gen10.

1. HPE silicon root of trust technology is available on HPE ProLiant Gen10 Servers, with the exception of the HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10.
  2. HPE Secure Encryption is an optional service that requires one license per server. HPE Secure Encryption is not supported on HPE MicroServer Gen10.
About the Author

sansan_strozier

I am a Solutions Marketing Manager for the Small and Midsized Segment at Hewlett Packard Enterprise. I blog on topics of interest for Servers and Solutions.