cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Node Linux cluster with HP service Guard 11.15

chanaka de mel
Occasional Contributor

2 Node Linux cluster with HP service Guard 11.15

We are implementiong a 2 node cluster with DL 380 package cluster with RH linux ES 3.0 and Hp service guard 11.15 for linux.
This is without fiber channel.
We used LUN instead of quorum server and configured up to verifying the cluster configuration up to this all seems to be fine.
But when we enter the cmcheckconf -v -C $SGCONF/cluster1.conf command it gives an error with the below messages

checking nodes done
checking configuration done for clster one
Error unable to establish communication to node server:19
cmcheckconf:failed to gather configuration information.

any ideas?
5 REPLIES
Dave Olker
HPE Pro

Re: 2 Node Linux cluster with HP service Guard 11.15

I've never configured SG for Linux but I've done it on HP-UX. I know that you have to either configure .rhost entries on the systems so that they can communicate amongst themselves without passwords or you need to conifigure a specific file with the list of systems. On HP-UX this file is:

/etc/cmcluster/cmclnodelist

and the format is:

#comment

So my cluster has:

hpatcux6.rose.hp.com root # snsl-atc
hpatcux7.rose.hp.com root # snsl-atc
hpatcux8.rose.hp.com root # snsl-atc
hpatcux9.rose.hp.com root # snsl-atc

The same thing might exist on Linux's version of SG.

Good luck,

Dave
Carsten Krege
Honored Contributor

There are not enough details to be sure, however, I tend to agree with Dave. It's probably that the cmcheckconf command cannot send a message to tcp port hacl-cfg, or that cmclconfd who listens on that port does not pick up the message because the node is not listed in cmclnodelist.

However, the cmclnodelist file on RH Linux is: /usr/local/cmcluster/conf/cmclnodelist.

Carsten
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. -- HhGttG
chanaka de mel
Occasional Contributor

At the moment issuing the chcheckconf command,
usr/local/cmcluster/conf/cmclnodelist file
was updated properly.

Chanaka-

Serviceguard for Linux
Honored Contributor

Here are a couple of common questions that come up in setting up ServiceGuard for Linux:

Q1: Bonding doesnâ t work (Can you ping the systems over all of the networks you have configured?)
A1: Usually this is the wrong network driver. The default driver is the TG3 driver for the installations and the BMC5700 driver must be used.

Q2: Can I bond dissimilar network cards,
A2: yes

Q3: I have the systems running, everything installed, I can Ping systems, telnet, etc but the cluster wonâ t form.
A3: See section Editing Security Files (chapter 5) in the Users manual. Usually cmclnodelist (and rhosts) are not correctly set up.

Q4: Thereâ s confusion about bonding drivers.
A4: Use the bonding drivers that come with RedHat3 (or later) and UL/SuSE SLES8 SP3 (or
chanaka de mel
Occasional Contributor

I didnt try pinging from the network.
I have connectivity between the two server froma a cross cable and pinging works from one server to the other.

In the sence of bonding bonding interface is present but when i issue the command ifcfg the ip does not apper for the slave devices( ifcfg-eth0,..etc)
Can ssh/telnet from each other

i have edited the cmclnodelist but didnt edit the rhhost file
will look in to this file as well

Chanaka-