Operating System - HP-UX
1752805 Members
5572 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: A node is already down , so how to remove this node from service guard cluster.

jeetdxc
Occasional Advisor

A node is already down , so how to remove this node from service guard cluster.

A node is already down , so how to remove this node from service guard cluster.  is it require to up the server .

Is there any procedure to remove this down node from the Cluster without making it up.

7 REPLIES 7
PSPrakash
HPE Pro

Re: A node is already down , so how to remove this node from service guard cluster.

Hello Jeet No Need to bring up the Down-Node in order to remove it from Cluster. Please refer the below Public document which have the steps to "Permanently remove a node from service in a cluster" https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c01058926 Hope this helps Br, PrakashPS

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

jeetdxc
Occasional Advisor

I am getting errors. will post the error soon.

jeetdxc
Occasional Advisor

Please find error and details. We have 4 node cluster and we need to remove one node from the existing cluster ( rsfo11i тАУ node is a failover node and currently this node is down and unable to bring it back any more). I did create a new ascii file тАУ тАЬclconfig.asciiтАЭ without this (rsfo1i) node. Even I did create a new package conf file for all package and comment the line for node тАЬrsfo11i. When I am trying to do checkconf and applyconf, getting below error. Please check and suggest what would be the next action plan to resolve the issue. NOTE : - on this 4 node, 6 packges running and all package is having failover to node тАЬrsfo11iтАЭ тАУ which need to have remove from the cluster. root # cmviewcl Warning: Unable to determine an IP address for rsfo11i: 2. CLUSTER STATUS 11i_CL up NODE STATUS STATE rsdbsvr1 up running PACKAGE STATUS STATE AUTO_RUN NODE esvdbpkg up running enabled rsdbsvr1 hppdbpkg up running enabled rsdbsvr1 NODE STATUS STATE rsdbsvr2 up running PACKAGE STATUS STATE AUTO_RUN NODE mdbpkg up running enabled rsdbsvr2 tmpkg up running enabled rsdbsvr2 itcdbpkg up running enabled rsdbsvr2 NODE STATUS STATE rsfo11i down unknown rswlbvec up running PACKAGE STATUS STATE AUTO_RUN NODE weblogic up running enabled rswlbvec rsdbsvr1 -> /etc/cmcluster root # cmcheckconf -C /etc/cmcluster/clconfig.ascii -P /etc/cmcluster/esvdbpkg/esvdbpkg1.conf -P /etc/cmcluster/hppdbpkg/hppdbpkg1.conf Begin cluster verification... Error: Package mdbpkg requires a node that is not configured in the cluster Error: Package tmpkg requires a node that is not configured in the cluster Error: Package weblogic requires a node that is not configured in the cluster Error: Package itcdbpkg requires a node that is not configured in the cluster cmcheckconf : Unable to verify cluster file: /etc/cmcluster/clconfig.ascii. rsdbsvr1 -> /etc/cmcluster

jeetdxc
Occasional Advisor

Please find the bellow details.

We have 4 node cluster and we need to remove one node from the existing cluster ( rsfo11i тАУ node is a failover node and currently this node is down and unable to bring it back any more). I did create a new ascii file тАУ тАЬclconfig.asciiтАЭ without this (rsfo1i) node. Even I did create a new package conf file for all package and comment the line for node тАЬrsfo11i. When I am trying to do checkconf and applyconf, getting below error. Please check and suggest what would be the next action plan to resolve the issue.

NOTE : - on this 4 node, 6 packges running and all package is having failover to node тАЬrsfo11iтАЭ тАУ which need to have remove from the cluster.

root # cmviewcl
Warning: Unable to determine an IP address for rsfo11i: 2.

CLUSTER STATUS
11i_CL up

NODE STATUS STATE
rsdbsvr1 up running

PACKAGE STATUS STATE AUTO_RUN NODE
esvdbpkg up running enabled rsdbsvr1
hppdbpkg up running enabled rsdbsvr1

NODE STATUS STATE
rsdbsvr2 up running

mdbpkg up running enabled rsdbsvr2
tmpkg up running enabled rsdbsvr2
itcdbpkg up running enabled rsdbsvr2

NODE STATUS STATE
rsfo11i down unknown
rswlbvec up running

weblogic up running enabled rswlbvec

rsdbsvr1 -> /etc/cmcluster

root # cmcheckconf -C /etc/cmcluster/clconfig.ascii -P /etc/cmcluster/esvdbpkg/esvdbpkg1.conf -P /etc/cmcluster/hppdbpkg/hppdbpkg1.conf

Begin cluster verification...
Error: Package mdbpkg requires a node that is not configured in the cluster
Error: Package tmpkg requires a node that is not configured in the cluster
Error: Package weblogic requires a node that is not configured in the cluster
Error: Package itcdbpkg requires a node that is not configured in the cluster
cmcheckconf : Unable to verify cluster file: /etc/cmcluster/clconfig.ascii.

Mike_Chisholm
HPE Pro

I would try to cmapplyconf the package configs "-P pkg_file.conf" first without also specifying the "-C <cluster_file.conf>" on the same command line. I see only two package config files on your cmcheckconf command line, are you sure you have reconfigured every package listed in the error output?

I work for HPE.
jeetdxc
Occasional Advisor

Thanks Mike for your reply..

Please find the bellow details ##

Here all package configuation files has been re- configured with excluding the down node which should be removed from cluster configuration file .

only two packages have the failover  node mentioed as rsfo11i.  for rest of the packages its not a failover node or someting but we have edited the configuration file to exculde this down node (rsfo11i).

As per your suggestion we tried but are  still getting the errors. Please do suggest.

jeetdxc
Occasional Advisor

Thanks Mike for your reply..

Please find the bellow details ##

Here all package configuation files has been re- configured with excluding the down node which should be removed from cluster configuration file .

only two packages have the failover  node mentioed as rsfo11i.  for rest of the packages its not a failover node or someting but we have edited the configuration file to exculde this down node (rsfo11i).

As per your suggestion we tried but are  still getting the errors. Please do suggest.

root # cmapplyconf -P /etc/cmcluster/esvdbpkg/esvdbpkg1.conf

Begin package verification...
Error: Run script /etc/cmcluster/mdbpkg/mdbpkg.cntl for package mdbpkg
does not exist on node rsfo11i.
Error: Run script /etc/cmcluster/tmpkg/tmpkg.cntl for package tmpkg
Error: Run script /etc/cmcluster/weblogic/weblogic.cntl for package weblogic
Error: Run script /etc/cmcluster/hppdbpkg/hppdbpkg.cntl for package hppdbpkg
Error: Run script /etc/cmcluster/itcdbpkg/itcdbpkg.cntl for package itcdbpkg
cmapplyconf : Unable to verify package.

root # cmapplyconf -P /etc/cmcluster/hppdbpkg/hppdbpkg1.conf -P /etc/cmcluster/esvdbpkg/esvdbpkg1.conf

Error: Run script /etc/cmcluster/mdbpkg/mdbpkg.cntl for package mdbpkg
Error: Run script /etc/cmcluster/tmpkg/tmpkg.cntl for package tmpkg
Error: Run script /etc/cmcluster/itcdbpkg/itcdbpkg.cntl for package itcdbpkg

root #

esvdbpkg & hppdbpkg running on node rsdbsvr1
mdbpkg,tmpkg & itcdbpkg running on node rsdbsvr2
rswlbvec running on node rswlbvec

rsfo11i - node is down now and we can t bring it back.

[тАО10/тАО15/тАО2019 4:54 PM] Samal, Biswajit:
root # cmapplyconf -P /etc/cmcluster/mdbpkg/mdbpkg1.conf -P /etc/cmcluster/tmpkg/tmpkg1.conf -P /etc/cmcluster/itcdbpkg/itcdbpkg1.conf

Error: Run script /etc/cmcluster/esvdbpkg/esvdbpkg.cntl for package esvdbpkg
Error: Run script /etc/cmcluster/hppdbpkg/hppdbpkg.cntl for package hppdbpkg

rsdbsvr2 -> /root