6368 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Another transaction is already in progress

Andreas Poeschl
Occasional Contributor

Another transaction is already in progress

Hi,

I did an cmdeleteconf on a package and accidently terminated it. Now I can't start cmdeleteconf again and the syslog says something about "This online configuration request (### lots of numbers ####) has failed - another transaction is already in progress" - is there a lock file or anything else to remove? There is no cmdeleteconf running any more. cmapplyconf on a package isn't working either.

Regards,
Andreas
Life is a bad adventure game - but the graphics is great!
2 REPLIES 2
Stephen Doud
Honored Contributor

Hi Andreas,

Check to see if any SG commands are not completing and kill them (take care NOT to kill any of the cm*d daemons!). Then check to see how many cmclconfd's are running. Kill all but the two oldest (PID) cmclconfd daemons. Check other nodes too. Then try a simple 'cmquerycl' to see if it completes. If so, build the cluster again.

-s.
Dietmar Konermann
Honored Contributor

Currently one of my team mates is logged onto that system... unfortunately the root cause seems to be rather more complicated... there are no suspective processes running and the open transaction even survives cluster-reformations.

Best regards...
Dietmar.
"Logic is the beginning of wisdom; not the end." -- Spock (Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country)