Operating System - HP-UX
1748218 Members
4418 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Any way to tell what file was used to build cmclconfig ?

S.Rider
Regular Advisor

Any way to tell what file was used to build cmclconfig ?

I'm trying to document some of the older MC/SG cluster here (cause I'm bored) and most of them have multiple possible cluster-config-files. Is there any way to tell by looking within the current cmclconfig file, what files was used to build it ?
Alternatively, is there a way to force cmapplyconf to build a differently named cmclconfig so I can do a series of cmapplyconf's against the different ascii files and then compare the cmclconfig outputs to the currently running version ?
Aah - standards and documentation - it's always fun when they're missing.
Ride Boldly Ride, but watch out for El Dorado's
4 REPLIES 4
kemo
Trusted Contributor

Re: Any way to tell what file was used to build cmclconfig ?

hi S.rider

simply you can build the original cluster configuration file from the current binary file using cmgetconf and save it any where.

cmgetconf -c /tmp/cluster.ascii
cmgetconf -p /tmp/package.ascii

thanks
kamal
johnsonpk
Honored Contributor

Hi Rider,

You can use cmgetconf command to create an ascii file from the current runing cluster.then you can keep that as the current cluster configuration or if you are so eager to find out the asci file which was applied last, do compare the old files with newly created ascii file :-)

the commad syntax is

#cmgetconf -c

Thanks!!
Johnson
Shailendran V Naidu
Frequent Advisor

Hi Rider,

There is no way to say which file was used.
rather you can do the following:

use :
cmgetconf -c /tmp/cluster.ascii
cmgetconf -p /tmp/package.ascii

to generate the ascii files.

--and---
run a

# diff /tmp/cluster.ascii /ASCII_FILE_IN_Question
# cmp /tmp/cluster.ascii /ASCII_FILE_IN_Question

Question: Is there a way to force cmapplyconf to build a differently named cmclconfig so I can do a series of cmapplyconf's against the different ascii files and then compare the cmclconfig outputs to the currently running version ?

Answer :
NO, cmapplyconf will over write the exisiting cmclconfig.
Stephen Doud
Honored Contributor

There are no naming conventions for the cluster and package configuration files. Therefore, you would have to impose your own convention if you wanted to be more sure of the file that provided input to the cmapplyconf commands. However, since cmapplyconf doesn't care what the file name is, you still would not be assured that the file you expect to be the source IS the source, unless you are the only person that has root access and you don't forget your convention.

As others have stated, cmgetconf can be used to reconstitute the source ASCII file.