3327 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion

Changing the IP address of one of my (2 node) clusters

praju
Occasional Contributor

Changing the IP address of one of my (2 node) clusters

Hi All,

I have the wondrous task of changing the IP address of one of my (2 node) clusters, and I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't overlooking something simple. Here's my plan. If anyone would be willing to look it over and comment on it, I would appreciate it.

1. Save a copy of the current package and cluster definition.

(Use cmgetconf -p pkg1 pkg1.conf &  cmgetconf –c clustername filename)

#cmgetconf –p bwdbpkg bwdbpkg.conf          ( Get the db package info to bwdbpkg.conf)

#cmgetconf –p bwdbpkg bwdbpkg.conf          ( Get the ci package info to bwcipkg.conf)

#cmgetconf -v -c bwprd bwprdcluster              ( Get the bwprd cluster info to bwprdcluster)

2. Shutdown the cluster

#cmhaltcl -f

3. Modify /etc/rc.config.d/cmcluster to set AUTOSTART_CMCLD=0 on both nodes

4. Modify /etc/rc.config.d/netconf to have the NEW IP addresses for all the heartbeat interfaces, primary interfaces, default routes, etc. Do this on both nodes in the cluster.

5. Modify /etc/hosts to have the new IP information.

6. Modify /etc/cmcluster/cmclnodelist to have the updated hostnames, Heartbeat interfaces, etc.

At this point, I plan to reboot each node and verify that all the IP interfaces are up, pingable, able to be logged into via rlogin, etc.

Once this is done, I will now modify the cluster definitions.

1. Delete existing package definitions and cluster definition: cmdeleteconf -p pkg1; cmdeleteconf -c cluster

#cmdeleteconf –p bwdbpkg               (To delete package bwdbpkg)

#cmdeleteconf –p bwcipkg                 (To delete package bwcipkg)

#cmdeleteconf –c bwprd                     (To delete cluster bwprd)

OR

#cmdeleteconf –f  -c bwprd                (To delete the cluster bwprd and all its packages)

2. modify /etc/cmcluster/cluster.ascii file and make the necessary changes to incorporate the new IP addresses.

3. modify /etc/cmcluster/pkg1.ascii file and make the necessary changes to incorporate the new IP addresses.

4. verify cluster definitions: cmcheckconf -C cluster.ascii

5. apply cluster definitions: cmapplyconf -C cluster.ascii

6. verify cluster is operating: cmviewcl –v

7. verify package definitions: cmcheckconf -P pkg1.ascii

8. apply package definitions: cmapplyconf -P pkg1.ascii

9. run the package: cmmodpkg -e pkg1; cmrunpkg pkg1

10. verify package is operating

So, is there any other files I should change? I will be changing the primary IP address of the host, but not the hostname.

1 REPLY 1
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

Re: Changing the IP address of one of my (2 node) clusters

your plan looks good, but just in case have a backup that you can recover to in the event of issues

My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!